25 Inflation Fighting Cheap Red Meat Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last week I stood at the counter looking at the meat prices Sunday afternoon swooning over steak until I saw the prices. I left with ground beef and three packages of chicken thighs, but delicious was still going to happen.
If you’re like me, you need some inflation fighting, cheap red meat recipes and dinner ideas, because friends, it’s probably going to get worse before it gets better.
There are cheaper cuts of beef that are still affordable. Ground beef cubes and shoulder cuts can make outstanding meals if you have the right recipes.
Cheap Red Meat Recipes Using Ground Beef
I think ground beef is probably my favorite meat, because it’s so versatile and found in every cuisine. The simplicity of oven-baked hamburger steaks delivers comfort meal pleasure as does the meatloaves.
If you haven’t had picadillo, I urge you to try it, as it’s one of the dishes I make most often.
The ground beef with peas and onions is a cheap Italian dish that we discovered at an Italian night pot luck years ago. it takes about ten minutes to make and you will marvel at how a three-ingredient meal can be so good. Ricotta or Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs will fill you up and make everyone happy.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff (you read that right)
- Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- Hamburger Steaks (oven-baked)
- Crack Slaw with Comeback Sauce (A bag of slaw, a pound of Ground Beef)
- Old School Tacos (always a happy meal)
- Burger Steaks with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
- Picadillo (Cuban ground beef recipe that is so delicious)
- No Bean Chili (one of my favorite chili recipes)
- Ground Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Ground Beef Italian Style with Peas, Onions (our go to)
- Five Bean Chili
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Grain Free Keto Friendly Mini Meatloafs
- The Secret to Great Burgers
Cheap Red Meat Recipes with Cheaper Cuts of Beef
- Swiss Steak
- Steak Tips
- Teres Major, the Faux Filet
- Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Skillet Cheese Steak with Cauliflower (look for frozen chipped steak when it’s on sale)
- Ropa Vieja (Cuban braised flank steak)
- Chuck Roast (not always cheap, but leftovers make more meals).
- Braciole (Italian Stuffed Steak)
Cheap Red Meat Recipes Using Cheap Beef Cubes
The nice thing about these dinners is that they filling and delicious and can be made in a slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker Beef Ragú
- Italian Beef Vegetable Stew
- Beef Vegetable Soup
- Beef Cabbage Soup
- Beef Bourguignon
Let me know if you make any of these recipes. Enjoy!
Left Over Beef Recipes will Stretch Your Dollar
Latest Blog Posts from Spinach Tiger