Once Spinach Tiger is coming at you with a big fat healthy chicken pasta dish. Thai Peanut Noodles are naturally gluten free and the Thai peanut sauce recipe uses tamari, which is gluten free.
The Chicken Skewer Recipe is so Versatile
The sauce can be used for this noodle dish, just for chicken skewers, for chicken tenders, for veggies, or anything else that takes your imagination. You could even put it on these meatballs. I took the inspiration from my thai peanut salad dressing and thought this would be so good in a pasta dish.
The recipe itself has a lot of flavor and a lot of texture from the vegetables and the chopped peanuts. It was hard not to go back for seconds.
The key to a chicken skewer recipe is marinating them at least for an hour with an acid, preferably lime with olive oil and salt. They only take a few minutes on a grill on each side.
Thai Peanut Noodles Offer Lots of Options
You could skip the grill and pan fry your tenders, or add in chicken breasts. You could also replace the chicken with shrimp as another option.
If you like these flavors, you’ll probably love this Ginger Roasted Salmon with with Orange Ginger Beets.
This has been part of my healthy chicken pasta series, cooking big fat healthy food.
Watch Spinach Tiger behind the scenes in the kitchen on my instagram stories. Follow me there and see the fun before the post, and sometimes my kitchen fails.
I’ll be doing facebook live at least on a weekly basis, sharing tips, recipes, and answering cooking questions that you write in. Please feel free to write any questions in the comments or email me and be sure to follow me on facebook.
Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken Skewer Recipe
Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken Skewers
- 4 -6 chicken tenders see notes
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or another tablespoon olive oil
- salt pepper for seasoning
- 1 package rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, cut into thin two inch strips
- 1 serrano pepper seeded, sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- !Thai peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 scallions sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- lime slices for garnish
- red chili flakes if you want to add extra heat
- !Thai Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari Sauce
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup peanut butter peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes ground red pepper or 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- splash rice vinegar
- Mix lime juice and olive together. Marinate the chicken tenders for at least one hour to overnight.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Place on skewers, grill over medium low heat for about 4 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, prepare sauce, boil water for rice noodles.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil, coconut oil in a pan, and stir fry red bell pepper and snow peas until cooked through.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Drain rice noodles, toss with half of the sauce.Reserve some sauce for pouring over chicken.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro, diced serrano and lime.
- Add skewers to each bowl.
Thai Peanut Sauce Instructions
- Mix all ingredients together. Heat on very low heat on top of the stove. You may find you need to add a little water to thin the sauce down if it's too thick.
You can get either 4 or 6 servings.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo