Call me crazy in love with all my readers because I did yet one more test for THE perfect chocolate cake.
Keto Chocolate Cake with Almond Flour
My usual recipe for keto chocolate cake calls for coconut flour, but today I switched to almond flour with a little coconut flour. a I got an exceptional chocolate cake, the one you will think most resembles the chocolate cake of childhood.
It’s not that my original wasn’t good, but if you know me by now, I’m always striving to bring the very best recipes to you.
Not only that, I’m now operating a home based bakery business, featuring keto friendly cakes, biscuits and tortillas. It’s taking off much faster than I anticipated and it’s very exciting that folks who can’t bake, don’t want to bake will be able to enjoy big fat healthy yum!
These are the little cakes available in the bakery.
What is the best Unsweetened Cocoa Powder?
When I opened up the bakery, I tried many different unsweetened cocoa powders. Almond flour is harder to flavor than regular flour and many were coming up short. I discovered Better Body Foods Cacao and got the deep chocolate intensity I was looking for. I highly recommend using this brand.
What is the Sweetener for Keto Chocolate Cake?
I worked very hard on my chocolate cake because of the bakery. I wanted a very chocolatey cake that still could take many of different frostings I am offering. By the way, I just developed the very best keto peanut butter and keto german chocolate, which you will absolutely love on this chocolate cake. I will post those later this week.
The Keto Chocolate Cake
I made this as a large one layer cake because that’s how you will most want to make it. I did include the recipe for a double layer cake. The layers will be thinner, so it was not a matter of just doubling the recipe.
Is there a dairy free option?
A reader told me she substituted coconut milk in lieu of any milk and sour cream and said it was fabulous.
The Nutrition Value for Keto Chocolate Cake
The Nutrition Value: The cake without frosting is 3 net carbs. There are 12 servings. Frosting usually doesn’t add any carbs if made with butter and Swerve.
I’ll soon be bringing you all the delicious frostings I’ve created for my bakery, but in the meantime, this keto chocolate frosting is delicious. I also like this cake with a keto vanilla buttercream or a keto strawberry frosting.
You might also like these recipes:
Keto Chocolate Cake
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour 240 grams
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Better Body Cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Swerve granulated
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream 60 grams (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. or 180 C.
- I use parchment paper, overlapping pan and spray with baking spray and bake in a one-layer pan or you can make cupcakes with same recipe.
- Mix dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour: baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum. Once mixed, add sifted cocoa powder. Set Aside
- Mix oil swerve together in mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add Vanilla.
- Add coffee, milk and sour cream.
- Add in dry mixture, and mix just until mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is at 210 Degrees F.
- If making cupcakes, bake at 350 Degrees F. (180 C) for 20 to 25 mins. or until center reaches 210 Degrees F.
- If making in a quarter sheet pan, bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo