Chocolate lovers, you are going to be so happy. Keto chocolate lovers will be even happier with this sugar free ganache that tops my favorite keto chocolate ganache cake, the cake people order again and again.
This shelter in place season is not fun, and may be why the bakery is so busy. A little sweet treat, especially chocolate helps get through the day. However, we don’t need piled high frosting in the era of hard to find butter. This is where ganache comes in so handy.
Look at the shine on these keto brownies. Instead of the topping I usually use in this brownie recipe, I poured the ganache and added toasted pecans. Amazing!
What is ganache?
Ganache is very easy to make when you are using chocolate that has added sugar. It’s chocolate and heavy cream.
It’s a thick glossy topping made usually from heavy cream and rich chocolate. Sometimes it’s also made with the addition of butter, which is important when using sugar free chocolate chips. It’s smooth, glossy and fudgy.
What Chocolate is best to use for keto ganache?
A good ganache should remain glossy and this one does. I use Choc Zero chocolate chips, which I believe are absolutely the best of the sugar free chocolate on the market. They don’t contain erythritol and is probably why the gloss remains and the topping does not get grainy.
However, the same recipe does not apply when using sugar free chocolate chips. You must add butter to attain that creamy, not grainy consistency.
When I’m making my regular ganache, I chop the chocolate and add heated cream, wait five minutes and stir in one direction.
This method for my keto chocolate ganache is actually easier and quicker.
How do I make keto chocolate ganache?
- Choc Zero Chocolate Chips – they work the best (but you could use other sugar free chocolate chips)
- Heavy Cream
- Dash Salt
- Bain-Marie Process
The Process for Keto Chocolate Ganache must be heated in a bain-marie and you can put all ingredients in at once. It’s marvelous really, because it’s just so fool proof and can be reheated right back to its original state.
What is a bain-marie?
It’s basically a double boiler. I simply put my ingredients into a stainless bowl over a small sauce pan of boiling water. This prevents scorching.
What I love About this Keto Chocolate Ganache
- It’s easy. Three ingredients go into a bain-marie and ganache is ready in minutes.
- It’s Rich. The ganache will cool to a rich chocolate that can even double for a hot fudge.
- Can be made in advance. As a bakery owner, this is the best news. All you need to do is microwave or reheat in bain marie.
- It’s glossy and remains glossy.
- It’s delicious. It’s got the right chocolate taste that everyone loves, and opens the door to so many keto recipes I didn’t know I could do.
- It’s truly keto. It’s high fat, and very low carb.
This keto ganache is not too sweet, and is made with my favorite sugar fee chocolate chips, heavy cream, cacao powder and butter.
I have tried many times to make a glossy ganache without standard chocolate. I’ve tried many variations, and I just couldn’t get what I was looking for, a thick, rich chocolate ganache that retains its gloss.
I was so happy with this sugar free chocolate ganache recipe, I quickly added it to my keto bakery, and the response has been joyful.
While I have delicious pile high chocolate frosting recipe here, sometimes I want an elegant simple chocolate cake with ganache.
I am so impressed with the topping, I may change the topping I currently use on my keto fudgy brownies and use this ganache. It’s seriously just as good as any ganache I’ve made in the past with other chocolate.
Why I use Choc Zero
While I am an affiliate and do earn a commission, I just want you to have the best chocolate for this recipe and honestly don’t care where you buy it. I’m more interested in you having a great outcome. I would never recommend a product I wasn’t 100% sold on.
Save 10% on Choc Zero
As an affiliate I earn a small commission for Choc Zero, but you get to save 10% when you use the code SPINACHTIGER.
When you are at the Choc Zero website, take a good look around. I can’t live without the maple syrup and they have amazing peanut butter cups. I also love their almond bark. I use the white chocolate chips in this Raspberry Bundt Cake.
My favorite keto cake to make and feature in the bakery is the chocolate ganache bundt cake and that recipe is coming.
Top my Favorite Chocolate Recipes with this Sugar Free, Keto Chocolate Ganache:
Keto Brownies (instead of the topping at the recipe).
Keto Chocolate Ganache
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- 7 ounces Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 dash sea salt
- Put a stainless steel bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water.
- Add all the ingredients. Stir until chocolate chips are melted and ganache is smooth.
- If adding to a cake, especially a bundt cake, allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes for it to thicken.
- You can refrigerate and reheat in microwave or same bain-marie.
- This will cover 16 cupcakes, top one large cake or bundt cake.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo