Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake (Grain Free, Gluten Free)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I may just have created my new favorite cake, which is going in my keto home bakery and in my keto baking classes. This is a (Nothing Bundt) white chocolate raspberry cake copycat, that is grain free, sugar free, and gluten free.
Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake Celebrates Eleven Blogging Years and 1200 Recipes
It’s the perfect cake to celebrate my 11th blogging anniversary. I hit publish for the first time after midnight just past Christmas Eve in 2008. I made my decision in December 2007, but I spent a year getting myself in gear and it’s been the best career experience of my life.
I still have the same passion I did in 2007 when I discovered food blogs and knew on the spot, I was going to carve out a life as a food blogger. I had no idea where it would take me, but I knew it was my calling, my purpose, my joy.
In 2019, I added another facet to the Spinach Tiger brand. I opened a home keto bakery. It all happened quite by accident when a stranger in the neighborhood asked for some keto muffins and the night of delivery asked for three dozen more. I looked at my husband and said “I have a keto bakery.” And, just like that, I let people know and I’ve been busy every single week.
The good news for you, my precious readers, is that I’ve honed my keto friendly desserts. I sent out test cakes and listened to the feedback. My bakes HAVE to be great, because they are not cheap and people have to drive to pick them up. I have to make it worth their while and I have to make sure the macros are right.
Keto Bakery Classes
In December I decided to promote keto baking classes, and my first class filled up in one day. I am thrilled and excited to be able to do this, because teaching people to have kitchen skills is part of my passion and to teach people to get off sugar and still have dessert joy is beyond happiness for me.
This means that the recipes I give you must work. Find out more about the classes held in Franklin (Nashville area) here.
The Challenge of the Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
My challenge in making this keto white chocolate bundt cake was finding sugar free white chocolate. I’m so happy to inform you that ChocZero is making a high quality white chocolate chips. Once I opened the first bag, I ordered six more and got busy making this cake.
Now here is funny story. I decided to make a “practice” cake and as I was taking it out of the oven, I received a text asking for a raspberry cake. I kid you not. This really happened.
Two days later, they picked up their cake and the feedback was stupendous. She texted me back “amazing, fabulous.” She couldn’t believe how delicious a keto cake could be. She had this cake in the past and remembered it and wanted to know if I could do a keto version. I said, well I just pulled a white chocolate raspberry cake out of the oven. I’ll send a picture once it’s frosted.
Bundt cakes can be scary because you don’t want anything to stick when you take it out of the pan. I have the answer for that dilemma.
Tips for Baking in a Bundt Pan
Baking in a bundt pan is perhaps the biggest challenge for a high protein almond-flour based cake. I have a few tips for you and it works PERFECTLY! (Since original post, I have changed this from a paste to using butter).
- OR my new method: Use a generous amount of butter, hitting every crevice.
- Freeze the pan once butter is applied.
- After baking, cool for fifteen minutes. This is important.
- Using either a butter knife or offset spatula, go around the sides making sure the cake is lifting.
- Make a cardboard template to slip down onto the cake to hold it in place while you are releasing the cake. This way, the cake won’t suddenly drop! Place the top over cake, hold with one hand and turn over. You can also use a cake board or anything like that to put over cake when you turn it over,
- Slide onto your cake pan and leave it there, until cake is completely cooled. This is not a perfect cut-out, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Do not touch cake until it has cooled or it will break.
- Freeze: You can freeze cake at this point, after cooling, wrapping well into plastic. Take out 24 hours in advance to defrost in refrigerator, bringing temperature down slowly. In a pinch, I have defrosted, by leaving on counter, but take off the plastic.
This is what you want your bundt cake to look like when you turn it over!
There are a few decisions to make about this cake. Fresh or frozen raspberries. Seeds or not seeds. Heavy cream cheese glaze (the way that famous bundt company does it) a cream cheese glaze or a water glaze.
My Favorite Bundt Pan
I have a few bundt pans and they work great with my tips, I lean toward the Nordic brand.
Fresh or Frozen Raspberries for Purée
I vote frozen, unless you just happen to have a bushel of fresh raspberries.
Seeds or No Seeds
I made a seedless puree and it’s really easy if you have a super blender. I added 1/2 cup water with a 10 ounces bag of frozen raspberries to my blender and made a puree. It was very easy to take through a sieve to get rid of the seeds I then cooked it down in a saucepan with 1/2 cup Swerve. The liquid will appear thinner when it is warm. Once it cools, it thickens up enough.
How to Add the Raspberry Sauce to Keto Raspberry White Chocolate Bundt Cake
Put in half the batter and gently spoon the sauce without smearing the sauce. Then finish with rest of the batter.
I am now looking forward to making a chocolate raspberry bundt cake, because raspberries and chocolate are so yum!
Make a Cream Cheese Glaze for the Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
I like a drizzled cream cheese glaze for this cake as opposed to the bigger application. You will use a lot less and calories still count!
You can also make a water glaze, but adding confectioner’s sweetener to a little water till you get the glaze consistency you like. Another option is to add heavy cream and confectioner’s.
Nutrition Values for Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
There are 12 servings: 3 net carbs per slice.
More Keto Desserts from Spinach Tiger
Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Macadamia Nut Cookies
Keto Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Keto Naked Lemon Cake with Lemon Frosting
What is Swerve: Why I use Swerve as My Sweetener
More Keto Desserts from Spinach Tiger
White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
Bundt Pan Preparation
- 2 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 260 grams almond flour 2 3/4 cups
- 28 grams coconut flour 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened (see notes if you want to use oil)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Granulated
- 5 extra large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 60 grams sour cream
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Choc Zero White Chocolate Chips
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream can use boiled water to thin
Grain Free Bundt Cake Instructions
Prepare Bundt Pan
- Please read instructions in the blog post.
- I now use a thick smear of butter applied to a bundt pan and then placed in freezer. This helps the outside not brown as much while the inside is baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C. Prepare bundt pan. See below.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum sea salt. Set aside.
- Mix butter for five minutes.
- Add Swerve Sweetener.
- Beat for one minute.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating one minute each.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix sour cream and milk together.
- Add sour cream milk mixture to batter.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add white chocolate chips
- Mix on medium speed until incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Spoon half of the batter into the pan. Spoon raspberry sauce in, trying not to smear.
- Spoon in remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes. (Depends on your pan and oven). Using a food thermometer, you want to have an internal temperature of 210 degrees F.
- Cool before frosting. Use this Cream Cheese Frosting. Or Low Carb Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Here. or You can make it more pourable by adding milk or heavy cream and placing in a pastry bag or baggie to drizzle. You can also just use a spoon to drizzle.
- Put frozen (or defrosted) bag of raspberries and water in super blender.
- Take this through a sieve to make sure you get rid of the seeds.
- Place this with swerve and lemon juice in small sauce pan.
- Cook on low for about twenty minutes to cook it down. It will be thinner before it cools.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- This mades a moderate amount of glaze.
- Make sure both cream cheese and butter are at room temperature.
- Beat together for five full minutes, starting first with butter. Then add cream cheese.
- Add Swerve, cream and vanilla.
- To make this a loose glaze, microwave at five seconds at at time until you can pour off a spoon.
- You can spoon on, put into a pastry bag or plastic sandwich baggie. Cut very small tip and apply.
- Beat all eggs for five minutes.
- Stream in oil, slowly.
- Mix sour cream, milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add sour cream mixture, vanilla.
- Add Swerve to dry ingredients. Add.
- Continue recipe.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Good good good
That’s so good good good to hear.
Can you use silicon molds on this recipe?
Yes that would work.
Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. White Chocolate Raspberry Cake is our favorite cake. Now we’re so happy to bake that healthy gluten free white chocolate raspberry cake at home. 💖🍰
That’s so great to hear.
The oil & almond flour paste totally worked!! I’ll have to remember this in the future.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.
Thank you. It’s a big seller in the bakery.
Does this freeze well? I’m trying to make it about 6 days ahead of the day we’ll have it, and wanted to freeze to keep it fresh.
Yes. I would make without topping freeze and do the topping fresh.
I see that most of the recipe is in cups and such . I will need to translate the flour I see
I put them in the recipe. Just FYI if I you run into this again, you can google grams to cups, etc. If you plan on doing more alternative flour baking I highly recommend weighing the flours. It can make a big difference in how the baked goods come out.
In this recipe are you referring to Swerve granulated or confectioners?
I love your chocolate sheet cake with pecans!
It tastes just like the old version.
So very moist and delicious!
Anxious to try all of your recipes!
Confectioner’s for the glaze. Granulated for cake and puree.
I LOVE your recipes! I tried this one today and used frozen cherries instead of raspberries and it was fabulous! I don’t know how you do it, but I am grateful that you do! This bundt cake came out perfectly. It is moist and tender with a delicious vanilla flavor. It came out of the pan without any trouble after following your instructions. It looks beautiful as well. No one would know it’s keto. Quite brilliant! Thank you.
How much milk? The recipe doesn’t say. Thanks!
You can add a little at a time to your liking.