I may just have created my new favorite cake, which is going in my keto home bakery and in my keto baking classes. This is a (Nothing Bundt) white chocolate raspberry cake copycat, that is grain free, sugar free, and gluten free.
Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake Celebrates Eleven Blogging Years and 1200 Recipes
It’s the perfect cake to celebrate my 11th blogging anniversary. I hit publish for the first time after midnight just past Christmas Eve in 2008. I made my decision in December 2007, but I spent a year getting myself in gear and it’s been the best career experience of my life.
I still have the same passion I did in 2007 when I discovered food blogs and knew on the spot, I was going to carve out a life as a food blogger. I had no idea where it would take me, but I knew it was my calling, my purpose, my joy.
In 2019, I added another facet to the Spinach Tiger brand. I opened a home keto bakery. It all happened quite by accident when a stranger in the neighborhood asked for some keto muffins and the night of delivery asked for three dozen more. I looked at my husband and said “I have a keto bakery.” And, just like that, I let people know and I’ve been busy every single week.
The good news for you, my precious readers, is that I’ve honed my keto friendly desserts. I sent out test cakes and listened to the feedback. My bakes HAVE to be great, because they are not cheap and people have to drive to pick them up. I have to make it worth their while and I have to make sure the macros are right.
Keto Bakery Classes
In December I decided to promote keto baking classes, and my first class filled up in one day. I am thrilled and excited to be able to do this, because teaching people to have kitchen skills is part of my passion and to teach people to get off sugar and still have dessert joy is beyond happiness for me.
This means that the recipes I give you must work. Find out more about the classes held in Franklin (Nashville area) here.
The Challenge of the Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
My challenge in making this keto white chocolate bundt cake was finding sugar free white chocolate. I’m so happy to inform you that ChocZero is making a high quality white chocolate chips. Once I opened the first bag, I ordered six more and got busy making this cake.
Now here is funny story. I decided to make a “practice” cake and as I was taking it out of the oven, I received a text asking for a raspberry cake. I kid you not. This really happened.
Two days later, they picked up their cake and the feedback was stupendous. She texted me back “amazing, fabulous.” She couldn’t believe how delicious a keto cake could be. She had this cake in the past and remembered it and wanted to know if I could do a keto version. I said, well I just pulled a white chocolate raspberry cake out of the oven. I’ll send a picture once it’s frosted.
Bundt cakes can be scary because you don’t want anything to stick when you take it out of the pan. I have the answer for that dilemma.
Tips for Baking in a Bundt Pan
Baking in a bundt pan is perhaps the biggest challenge for a high protein almond-flour based cake. I have a few tips for you and it works PERFECTLY!
- Make a paste. Mix shortening with avocado oil and almond flour and apply thickly inside the pan. Or just use shortening.
- Freeze the pan once the paste is applied. This helps set the paste, so it doesn’t run into a pool of grease.
- After baking, allow to cool for fifteen minutes. This is important.
- Make a cardboard template to slip down onto the cake to hold it in place while you are releasing the cake. This way, the cake won’t suddenly drop! Slide onto your cake pan and leave it there. This is not a perfect cut-out, but it doesn’t have to be.
This is what you want your bundt cake to look like when you turn it over!
There are a few decisions to make about this cake. Fresh or frozen raspberries. Seeds or not seeds. Heavy cream cheese glaze (the way that famous bundt company does it) or a glaze.
Fresh or Frozen Raspberries for Purée
I vote frozen, unless you just happen to have a bushel of fresh raspberries.
Seeds or No Seeds
I made a seedless puree and it’s really easy if you have a super blender. I added 1/2 cup water with a 10 ounces bag of frozen raspberries to my blender and made a puree. It was very easy to take through a sieve to get rid of the seeds I then cooked it down in a saucepan with 1/2 cup Swerve. The liquid will appear thinner when it is warm. Once it cools, it thickens up enough.
How to Add the Raspberry Sauce to Keto Raspberry White Chocolate Bundt Cake
Put in half the batter and gently spoon the sauce without smearing the sauce. Then finish with rest of the batter.
I am now looking forward to making a chocolate raspberry bundt cake, because raspberries and chocolate are so yum!
Make a Cream Cheese Glaze for the Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
I like a drizzle cream cheese glaze for this cake as opposed to the bigger application. You will use a lot less and calories still count!
Nutrition Values for Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Cake
There are 12 servings: 3 net carbs per slice.
More Keto Desserts from Spinach Tiger
White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
- 260 grams almond flour
- 28 grams coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve Granulated
- 5 extra large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk may need more
- 60 grams sour cream
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Choc Zero White Chocolate Chips
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated Swerve
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream can use boiled water to thin
Grain Free Bundt Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum sea salt. Set aside.
- Mix butter for five minutes.
- Add Swerve Sweetener.
- Beat for one minute.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating one minute each.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix sour cream and milk together.
- Add sour cream milk mixture to batter.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add white chocolate chips
- Mix on medium speed until incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Spoon half of the batter into the pan. Spoon raspberry sauce in, trying not to smear.
- Spoon in remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 35 minutes. (Depends on your pan and oven). Using a food thermometer, you want to have an internal temperature of 210 degrees F.
- Put frozen (or defrosted) bag of raspberries and water in super blender.
- Take this through a sieve to make sure you get rid of the seeds.
- Place this with swerve and lemon juice in small sauce pan.
- Cook on low for about twenty minutes to cook it down. It will be thinner before it cools.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- This mades a moderate amount of glaze.
- Make sure both cream cheese and butter are at room temperature.
- Beat together for five full minutes, starting first with butter.
- Add Swerve, cream and vanilla.
- To make this a loose glaze, microwave at five seconds at at time until you can pour off a spoon.
- You can put into a pastry bag or plastic sandwich baggie. Cut very small tip and apply.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo