Keto Chocolate Ganache Bundt Cake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Scroll down to the recipe blocked in blue for keto chocolate ganache bundt cake.
Chocolate lovers, I have the most delicious, fairly easy to make, gluten free, grain free, keto chocolate ganache bundt cake recipe for you. I sell this is in my keto bakery.
I have worked hard to find that perfect chocolate cake that people will not think is sugar free.
It was hard to get a grain free cake that holds chocolate flavor.
When it comes to vanilla cakes and orange cakes, it’s not too hard to flavor an almond flour batter. Chocolate almond flour cake is a bit tricker. This is why I use both coffee and this cacao powder which yields a rich, chocolate flavor that lingers. Then I top it off with a rich sugar free, chocolate ganache.
I’ve only recently started making bundt cakes, because I needed something festive for birthday celebrations in my keto bakery. They have just the right amount of topping and are easy to slice and serve, easy to freeze.
The challenge has always been removing the cake from the pan. Yesterday, I was able to bake four bundt cakes and perfectly remove them, because I have developed a technique that works every time.
Tips for Baking in a Bundt Pan
Baking in a bundt pan is perhaps the biggest challenge for a high protein almond-flour based cake. I have a few tips for you and it works PERFECTLY!
- Make a paste. Mix shortening with avocado oil and almond flour and apply thickly inside the pan. Or just use shortening.
- Freeze the pan once the paste is applied. This helps set the paste, so it doesn’t run into a pool of grease.
- After baking, allow to cool for fifteen minutes. This is important.
- Make a cardboard template to slip down onto the cake to hold it in place while you are releasing the cake. I use a paper plate (not styrofoam). This way, the cake won’t suddenly drop! Slide onto your cake pan and leave it there. This is not a perfect cut-out, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Turn cake over onto cake plate or large parchment. Let it cool completely before applying ganache or moving it. At this point, it’s still very warm and fragile.
How to Make Sugar Free Ganache
You will thank me for this if you have been looking for a way to top your chocolate bundt cake. Ganache is a combination of dark chocolate, heavy cream and butter. When you use a higher fat regular chocolate, you don’t need butter, but the sugar free chocolate chips need it. I wrote more about the ganache here.
Another option is to cover the cake with a vanilla glaze, then ganache, then shaved choc zero chocolate. This might be my favorite.
What is the best Sugar Free Chocolate?
After testing every sugar free chocolate on the market, I choose choc zero.
As an affiliate for choc zero, I earn a small commission, but you get 10 % off using code: SpinachTiger, here.
It’s my opinion that they have the best sugar free chocolate on the market. If you decide to use a different brand, I recommend Whole Foods Brand or Lakanto. I am not a fan of Lily’s, because of the stevia and aftertaste.
Are there sugar free sprinkles?
Yes, there are sugar free sprinkles. I use the Stoka brand, but have also used the Dees Sprinkles, both on Amazon. In lieu of sprinkles, I discovered these edible glitter stars stars.
What sweetener is best for keto cake?
I prefer Swerve, a powdered erythritol (a sugar alchohol). Read here why I use Swerve.
What is the best cocoa powder for keto chocolate bundt cake?
I use Better Body Cacao, rich in flavor and makes the best keto chocolate bundt cake. I add in a little bit of coffee to up the flavor.
After trying every cocoa powder possible, this flavors an almond flour based cake the best!
Please Pin. ↓
I also make small chocolate ganache cakes in the bakery.
Best Technique for Oil Based Cakes
- Beat eggs in mixer first, and beat them well.
- Slowly stream oil in.
- Mix milk, coffee, sour cream, vanilla in separate container first.
- Add Swerve to dry ingredients. Add gently until just mixed.
- Batter will be very thick.
If you live in the Nashville area, I have a home keto bakery.
More Keto Bundt Cakes from Spinach Tiger (all gluten free, grain free, sugar free)
Keto White Chocolate Raspberry
Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Keto Italian Orange Cake with Orange Butter Glaze
Keto Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 345 grams almond flour
- 41 grams coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1. 5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I use this cacao powder
- 1 cup Granulated Swerve powdered erythritol
- 9 eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 90 grams sour cream
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
- 1/3 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare bundt pan. Use shortening or a mix of avocado oil and a little almond flour to make a paste. Put bundt pan in freezer until ready.
- Preheat oven to 350 on bake (not convection bake), if you have that choice. Convection bake mode will brown the cake on the outside more quickly. You might need to check at 30 minutes and cover with foil.
- Mix listed dry ingredients together. Set aside. This includes the Swerve. Set aside.
- Beat eggs well for a few minutes with your mixer.
- Slowly stream in oil.
- In separate small bowl mix sour cream, coffee, vanilla and milk together.
- Add this liquid to the egg and oil mixture.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix just until mixed on low. Batter will be thick.
- Pour half cake batter into prepared bundt pan. Spoon a small amount of ganache (1/4 cup) over this half. Pour rest of batter over this.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 205 degrees F.
- Once removed, rest cake for 15 minutes. Use cardboard circle to place over bundt cake. Lift cake, and gently turn over onto cake plate. Cool completely before adding ganache.
- Put ingredients into stainless bowl. Set bowl over a small saucepan that has simmering water. (Bain Marie). Stir continuously (but not vigorously) until ingredients incorporate.
- Ganache can be placed in refrigerator up to a week, or in freezer for 3 months. To defrost, allow to sit out. Gently reheat in bain marie.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Hello, can I sub the avocado oil for another type?
Yes, I often use Costco’s organic extra virgin olive oil.
When I saw this cake pictured with what I thought included melted white chocolate on top, it reminded me of a similar recipe on the cover of a Southern Living magazine a few years back. I made that recipe before I started keto last year. Thank you for all of your delicious recipes.
So do you use granulated Swerve or powdered Swerve? Swerve has both and the recipe says granulated powdered Swerve. Thanks
I use granulated for the cake.