I’m so happy with this recipe for keto spice cake with a keto cream cheese glaze, Grain free, gluten free, and low-carb. It has all the aromas and deep spice flavors I was hoping for. It’s so good, I’m adding the keto spice bundt cake to my keto home bakery.
I’ve been baking grain free for a few years now and I’m here to tell you that almond flour is not that easy to push flavors through. This recipe does exactly what it needs to do.
It’s a keto spice bundt cake the whole family will enjoy and, honestly, you can’t tell this is a sugar-free, low-carb cake. It’s absolutely delicious, and will become a new holiday tradition.
Topped with a cream glaze made with heavy cream, Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener and a little water, it lends just enough sweetness with each bite.
There are options. You could make a water glaze, an orange glaze, or a cream cheese frosting.
Almond flour bundt cakes are not that easy to accomplish without taking a few precautions to make sure it will not stick. Be sure you use a good amount of shortening or oil (mixed with a little almond flour) so the almond flour will not stick. Mine did get a little bit stuck, but I think I rushed it. The cream glaze will cover this.
What Spices Make the Best Spice Cake?
I made a spice blend that delivers that just right spice taste and when it’s baking, the aroma is lovely. A word of caution about cinnamon. Not all cinnamon is created equally. I like the ceylon cinnamon that has a bite to it. I added in some ginger, cardamom, and a dash of cloves.
Texture is very important to get right in grain free baking. This is something I know how to do. If you take a good look at the crumb, you can see it’s not eggy, wet or dense, even though there are six medium sized eggs in the batter.
What flours make the best spice bundt cake?
I rely a lot on almond flour with a small amount of coconut flour. My trick for keeping the cake from crumbling is using a little bit of xanthan gum, which helps do what gluten would do in keeping the structure together.
How to sweeten a Keto Spice Cake
Cream Cheese Glaze for Keto Spice Cake
There are two ways to glaze the cake, a simple mix of confectioner’s sweetener with heavy cream and a dash of vanilla or a cream cheese glaze for that tangy flavor.
More Keto Cakes from Spinach Tiger
Keto Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Spice Cake Ingredients
- 230 grams blanched almond flour
- 26 grams whey protein powder Or add 26 grams more almond flour
- 28 grams coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 dash freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup avocado oil See notes
- 1 cup Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 5 extra large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 grams sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese 2 ounces
- 1 Cup Swerve Confectioner's sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or water (as needed to thin)
Grain Free Vanilla Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix avocado oil and 1 tablespoon of almond flour together to make a paste to grease the bundt pan.
- Mix almond flour, protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum sea salt. Set aside.
- Mix spices together. Add to dry ingredients.
- Mix butter for five minutes.
- Add in avocado oil.
- Add Sweetener
- Beat for one minute.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating one minute each.
- Add vanilla extract and vanilla paste
- Add sour cream and milk.
- Add dry mixture.
- Mix until just mix on medium.
- Makes 12 large cupcakes or one large layer cake.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 210 degrees.
- Allow cake for about 20 minutes before removing. Allow to cool before drizzling the glaze.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Whip butter for five minutes.
- Add softened cream cheese
- Add vanilla and vanilla paste
- Add Confectioner's Swerve a half cup at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add heavy cream as needed to get the consistency you want. You can also add hot water if you don't want to add in heavy cream, but do so a tablespoon at a time. You can also warm the glaze to make it easier to pour.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo