Keto Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake, GF
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This past week I filled an order for a lemon blueberry bundt cake from my home keto bakery. It’s not typically on my menu, but they loved my lemon blueberry muffins so much, they wanted the bundt cake as they were celebrating their baby’s one year birthday.
They did order a regular cake from a local bakery for baby and friends, but didn’t want to break their own keto diet. They were so thrilled with how the bundt cake turned out, they sent me pictures of their celebration, thanking me for the cake. This is the best way to convey to you that this recipe is truly tested.
I decided I had to share this bundt cake with you, which will be a wonderful addition to your Easter brunch or Mother’s Day brunch.
Lemon blueberry bundt cake is keto friendly, paleo friendly and gluten free. Sweetened with Swerve, powdered erythritol, and no spike in blood sugar, and safe for diabetics.
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Avocado Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Extract
- Xanthan Gum (helps to bind the flours during baking)
- Baking Powder
If you’re intimidated to make a bundt cake, because you’ve had problems in the past, I’m here to tell you that I have success every single time turning over my bundt cakes. I have to, as I have a bakery. I used to be fearful turning a bundt cake over, worrying about it sticking, until I developed a few tips.
I made this recipe into keto lemon blueberry muffins here.
Tips for Successful Bundt Cake
I am somewhat an expert on making keto bundt cakes as I’ve made hundreds of them for my keto bakery. I have great success in turning them over and making sure they are properly baked in the middle without over-browning.
- Heavily butter your bundt pan.
- Place bundt pan in freezer. This helps to prevent over-browning.
- Spray pan with a baking spray (I only use avocado oil or coconut oil spray).
- The cake is done at 210 F. but I take it out once it reaches 207.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes once you take your bundt cake out of oven.
- Use a silicone knife to gently go around the edges now and at the end of fifteen minutes.
- Using either a template (see this post) or a cake board, turn over.
- Cool completely before adding glaze.
You can check out the lemon blueberry muffins here.
Tips for Adding fruit to Bundt Cake
Remember that the bottom of your bundt cake pan is the top of your cake. Don’t put any fruit on top of batter (which will be your bottom). Before I add fruit, I will roll my blueberries in some swerve confectioner’s sugar to help them from easily sinking to the bottom.
Add in half of your batter to bundt pan before adding any fruit. Keep in mind that it’s natural for blueberries to sink a bit to the bottom. Notice that in this cake there is fruit at the top which adds to its prettiness.
How to add lemon flavor to a Keto Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
I do three things to add lemon flavor. Almond flour and coconut flour are the main ingredients and don’t absorb lemon flavor as easily as regular flour. This is why I add bottled lemon juice and extract to the fresh lemon juice and zest. You an use all fresh lemons.
- Fresh Lemon Juice and zest
- Bottled Lemon Juice (can use all fresh)
- Lemon Extract
Lemon Glaze for Keto Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
I have to share this Wilton Drizzle Spoon with you. It’s very inexpensive and so perfect for drizzling. I use this all day long in the bakery for all the glazes.
This drizzle is made with fresh lemon juice and Swerve confectioner’s sweetener. If you don’t have any confectioner’s, you can take the Swerve granulated and put it in your food processor until you get a powdery texture.
I avoid lemon extract for the glaze, as it’s not necessary, but if you could use it if you’re out of fresh lemon juice. Always taste first. You do want your glaze to be tart and lemony. You have to judge how thick your glaze is and make adjustments as needed. Use a spoon like this to drizzle glaze. Garnish with fresh berries.
I hope you enjoy this bundt cake as much as my customers do. Please let me know, and take a look around at all my keto bundt cakes.
Pin this ↓
Nutrition Value for Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake
Net Carbs: 2, Calories: 136, Fat: 2 g
Keto Italian Orange Bundt Cake with Orange Butter Glaze
Keto Lemon Butter Bundt Cake with Lemon Butter Glaze
White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake
Keto Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
Keto Triple Lemon Naked Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Keto White Chocolate Lemon (Torta Bianca)
Keto Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 260 grams blanched almond flour 2 1/4 cups
- 26 grams coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated Swerve erythritol
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 60 grams sour cream 4 tablespoons
- 2 lemons juice and zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- baking spray
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's or more as needed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Butter your bundt pan, heavily. It may take more than two tablespoons. Place in freezer.
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, Swerve granulated. Set aside.
- Beat Eggs for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stream in melted butter.
- Add lemon extract.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and zest.
- Add dry mixture and mix just until mixed. Don't over mix.
- Heavily butter bundt cake and freeze.
- Pour batter into bundt pan only 1/4 way before adding blueberries. Add more batter and berries, but don't have any berries at the top, which ends up being the bottom of the cake.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 325 degrees F., 180 C. Use a meat thermometer to test the center of the cake which should be 207 degrees F.
- Once out of the oven, set the timer for 15 minutes. Gently take a knife around the edges of the bundt cake.
- After 15 minutes, take a knife again around the edges. Using a flat plate or cake board, using both hands flip cake over. Allow to cool before glazing.
- Mix lemon juice with Swerve Confectioner's sweetener. Drizzle over cooled cake. You may need to make adjustments adding more confectioner's if you need to thicken or more lemon juice or water to thin out.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
There’s way more than 137 kcal per slice!
It’s actually 184 calories per slice. I recalculated. 3 Net Carbs.
I made this cake and it was delicious; however, I added some cream cheese to the glaze. I had to recently make a similar lemon and blueberry bundt cake for my daughter and the recipe called for making a cream cheese little frosting on top. She does not like the keto sweeteners so, I have to honor her thoughts, even though I like the keto version.
I like the idea of a cream cheese glaze.
How much cinnamon or nutmeg do you use
I’m so sorry. Those two ingredients were not supposed to be there.
You have recipe here for bundt cake but at the end it says muffins ? So ingredients and baking time maybe be off?
Thank you for pointing that out. I fixed recipe. It’s still same baking time. You want the middle of the cake to reach 207 degrees F.
You specify 260 grams blanched almond flour. You also show 2 1/4 Cups. So which is it?
It’s both. The almond flour I use is 28 grams per 1/4 cup. 2 1/4 cups is actually 252 grams. I rounded it to 260. We recommend weighing ingredients.