I’m not sure why it has taken me so long to post my perfect low carb almond flour tart crust recipe. It has taken me a few years to perfect it, test it and retest it with various recipes. This is my tried and true recipe I have now made many times.
I find it remarkable that almond flour is just as magical as wheat flour. While it doesn’t produce the stretch and flakiness that a gluten flour will, it produces a taste and texture all its own, making it possible to enjoy such low-carb and keto friendly comfort food recipes like pot pie, cheesecake tarts and quiches.
While pastry crust with wheat flour is tricky and took me years to master, this almond flour tart crust recipe is pretty much no fail as long as you don’t treat it like regular dough. Rolling it out will be more of a challenge requiring rolling between plastic or parchment paper, but at the same time, will be much more forgiving.
After you’ve made a few of these tarts whether sweet or savory, you will have an almond flour tart crust recipe that you will want to make for many years to come.
This recipe works for tarts, quiche and even cheesecake bars.
Ingredients for Almond Flour Tart Crust Recipe
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder (helps with structure)
- Swerve (if making a sweet recipe)
- Melted Butter
Mix all of your dry ingredients first. Beat egg before mixing in and add melted butter. You will want to use your hands to bring this to a dough ball, wrap and refrigerate. That will make this much easier to handle. If the sides start to fall apart, don’t worry. You can patch with your hands. It will not affect the outcome.
Bottomless tart pans work best, along with parchment paper.
Add a little bit of sweetener when you’re making a sweet tart. I like to add 1/3 cup Swerve.
Pre-bake Tart Crusts
I always pre-bake my tart crusts for about 8 minutes. After this, you might also use foil to wrap around the crust.
Use Parchment Paper
Parchment rounds are perfect for rolling out the tart crusts. When I bake rectangular tarts to be able to cut squares I will line the entire tart pan with parchment. You can also roll between plastic wrap.
Small Rolling Pin
This pastry rolling pin is perfect for rolling the dough. Make sure to use plastic wrap or parchment over the dough first for rolling.
Micros for Keto Trust Crust
Serving size: 1 of 10 3 Net Carbs
More Low Carb Recipes Using Keto Tart Crust
- Keto Cheesecake Pear Tart
- Low Carb Peach Almond Tart
- Keto Maple Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- Low Carb Chicken Pie
Keto Almond Flour Tart Crust
- Mix together all dry Ingredients.
- Lightly beat egg. Add in melted butter.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Using two pieces of parchment paper or plastic, roll out. I find it easier to line pans with parchment paper and I like to use removable bottom pans.
- You may need to piece some of the sides with your hands.
- Depending on recipe, you may want to protect the crust of the tart with foil.
- Use a fork to jab bottom of crust. Wrap and keep in freezer until use.
- When making tarts, pre-bake the tart crust for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees (180 C).
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo