If you make one keto dessert this season, this should be it. There’s no better way to usher in the holiday season than a keto friendly dessert with spiced pears. This keto spiced pear cheesecake tart is truly sensational. We loved it so much, I made it three times in one week for different guests.
Even though this is a keto friendly dessert at only 4 net carbs, guests were very surprised this was a low-carb, grain free, sugar free dessert.
Spiced Pear Cream Cheese Tart strikes the right balance.
The pears are spiced with cinnamon, cardamon, ginger and nutmeg. The tart crust is extra dreamy and is keto friendly, gluten free and grain free. It’s very similar to a shortbread crust and stands on its own, as a true tart crust should. The cream cheese filling is light, fluffy and flavored with some orange and some of the spiced pear. The textures come together for a perfect bite.
Kitchen Tested Three Times
I have made these grain free, spiced pear cheesecake bars three times in the last seven days. The first time it was for Thanksgiving. The second time I wanted pictures and the third time was for the neighbors I invited over. The good news for you is that it’s hard to mess this up. It came out perfect each and every time. It can stay in the fridge for four days and still taste amazing.
There are Three Parts to this Keto Spiced Pear Cheesecake Tart
- Tart Crust
- Cheesecake Filling
- Spiced Pears
- Garnish: Almonds and Pomegranate Arils (both are options)
The Keto Tart Crust
I think my keto tart crust is magic. A few years ago I struggled with getting this right, especially because the edges of a tart crust can easily burn. The mistake I used to make was over-baking the tart crust.
- Almond Flour – I only use almond flour, no addition of coconut flour.
- Butter – Thanks to a reader I use a minimal amount of 3 tablespoons to 2 cups almond flour.
- Egg – I use the whole egg, where in the past I only used the yolk.
- Baking Powder – This may seem odd, but I add 1 teaspoon and it makes a difference.
- Flavoring – I like to add some lemon or orange zest when appropriate.
- Sweetener – For dessert tarts I like to add 1/4 cup Granulated Swerve to the mix.
- Refrigerate before rolling. Roll on parchment paper that the tart will bake on.
- Freeze the rolled-out tart crust before baking.
- Pre-bake – at 350 degrees F. for 8 minutes just until the crust turns golden.
- Use foil to cover the crust once you have filled the tart crust with cheesecake filling and are ready for final bake.
- Make sure you remove the tart after it has cooled but before you refrigerate it.
The Cheesecake Filling
This is the fun part. Cream cheese, Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener, sour cream, egg. For flavor, I added a small amount of the caramelized pears and some orange zest.
The Spiced Pears for Keto Spiced Cheesecake Tart
Sautè sliced pears in butter with some black strap molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. You can use any type of pear, and keep the skin on.
Variation: You can use apples instead of pears. You can add peaches in summer and fresh strawberries in the Spring. .
Keto Spiced Pear Cheesecake Bars
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 orange zest and juice
- 1 pear
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black strap molasses see notes for subs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 dashes freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger see notes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Melt butter. Cool. Add Beaten egg to butter.
- Add egg butter mixture and mix together until you have a dough.
- Refrigerate for twenty minutes.
- Once chilled, roll out on parchment paper (place the parchment on top of the bottom of the pan). Put a piece of plastic on top to roll out. You can use your hands to put pieces together that might break off.
- Fork the bottom of crust and pre-bake at 325 F, 160 C for 8 minutes.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Mix all ingredients together in blender.
- Slice pears thinly, leaving skin on.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add black strap molasses, and spices.
- Add pears. Sautè on low just until pears are nearly softened.
- Pour cheese cake mixture into tart.
- Arrange pears.
- Arrange almonds on top of pears.
- Place a pice of foil on baking sheet. Place tart on top of that and bring the foil up to cover the crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for twenty minutes.
- Cool. Garnish with pomegranate arils.
- Remove from tart pan before you refrigerate. Use a knife to go around the edges before you remove It
- Refrigerate for several hours to overnight before serving.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo