Summer zucchini abounds and I have a delicious new recipe for you, grilled zucchini recipe.
If you’re wondering what to do with zucchini, I have a new recipe for you and some old recipes to show you the versatility of zucchini.
Grilled Zucchini Recipe Stovetop to Oven
The zucchini is split down the middle, cut crosshair style, brushed with garlic olive oil and grilled on top of the stove. Then switched to the oven to make sure it softens. Once out of the oven, it’s sprinkled with either parmesan or pecorino romano and served immediately.
The zucchini caramelizes and is just delicious. Eaten as a side dish, but you could even serve this as a stand up starter for guests. Just slice into bite sized pieces.
How to Choose Zucchini
Ideally, you want to choose smaller slim zucchini. Large zucchini are bland and watery. Look for glossy skin and no dents. Most importantly, zucchini should be firm.
Is Zucchini Good For You?
Zucchini has many health benefits. Low in calories and carbs, it’s rich in anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins, particularly Vitamin A. Zucchini is also helpful for digestion.
What to do with Zucchini: My Favorite Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini with Linquini
- Roasted Zucchini with Pecorino and Toasted Almonds
- Zucchini turned into Zoodles with Shrimp
- Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
- Zucchini Bread
Cast Iron Zucchini with Parmesan
- 1 Cast Iron Frying Pan or Griddle
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablesoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano or parmesan
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- Slice Zucchini lengthwise
- Salt and set aside for twenty minutes.
- Add sliced garlic to olive oil, while the zucchini is resting.
- Wipe any moisture off with paper towel.
- Brush with olive oil, and place on frying pan or griddle skin side up.
- Fry until golden and place in oven for another ten minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle with parmesan or pecorino romano.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo