Keto Carrot Cake! I didn’t think it could be done. Carrots have sugar and are not generally permissible on the keto diet. This recipe only uses one large carrot, at 5 net carbs. When spread out over 12 servings, it’s permissible.
Carrots add sweetness and moisture to cake. Chopped walnuts add texture and cinnamon brings it all together.
I first made this carrot cake for a customer in my keto bakery for a birthday. They absolutely loved it, so I feel very confident sharing this with you.
My husband’s favorite cake is carrot cake and I wanted him to enjoy it on the keto diet plan. He circles in and out of keto to keep his weight steady, but he can only do it, if he has treats to enjoy. This turned out so good, we added it to the keto bakery birthday cakes.
I recently taught a keto baking class and served some keto carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and they loved it.
Can a Keto Carrot Cake Really be Low Carb?
Yes, because one large carrot shredded is spread out over 12 servings.
Ingredients for Keto Carrot Cake
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Swerve Granulated
- Baking Powder
- Xanthan Gum
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Avocado or Olive oil
- Sour Cream
- Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
Macros for Keto Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
14 Servings: Calories: 365 Carbs: 4g Fiber : 1g Net Carbs: 3g Fat: 35 g Protein: 6 g
Keto Carrot Cake
- 3 6 inch cake pans
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 260 grams
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup Swerve Granulated
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter can use avocado oil
- 6 extra large eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream 60 grams
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup salted butter 8 ounces
- 2 1/2 cups Confectioner's Swerve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream if needed
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees F. 170 C.
- Line each bottom of cake pans with parchment paper. Spray with baking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, Set aside.
- Add shredded carrots to dry mix.
- In Mixer, beat eggs and mix well for three minutes. I use the egg beater in the kitchen aid instead of the batter beater.
- Slowly stream in melted butter or avocado oil.
- Mix sour cream and almond milk. Pour in.
- Gently mix in the dry mixture, followed by pecans. (Save a little pecans for garnish if desired).
- Pour into each pan evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center of cake reaches 207 degrees F.
- Once done allow to cool in pan ten minutes, before removing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make sure both butter and cream cheese are soft. To quickly soften butter, cut Into pieces on plate and allow to sit. You can microwave cream cheese for about 20 seconds to soften.
- Beat well. A hand held beater works best for frosting. Add Confectioner's a half cup at a time. Only add heavy cream If needed.
- To build a naked cake, first arrange which layers you want in what order and make sure they are level, using a serrated bread knife to even out. I use a large open tip for the inside layers, piping in a concentric circle and then smoothing out. I make the roses with a large 1M piping tip.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo