Butter Roasted Whole Cauliflower with Turmeric
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted whole cauliflower is a home cook’s dream. Easy, elegant, hearty and delicious.
If you’ve been around here at all, you know how much I cook with cauliflower and choose this ordinary vegetable to make extraordinary, filling recipes.
This was made on the way to a delicious soup, (soon to be posted). To save time making the soup I decided to roast it whole.
Once I roasted this whole, it was almost too beautiful to slice and puree.
Roasted whole cauliflower can seem intimidating, but it’s so easy. Start with a flawless cauliflower that has no brown spots. It should be firm and not spongy when you squeeze it.
Use lots of butter and smear them into the crevices. I sprinkled with turmeric because it tastes good and gives a gorgeous color. It also has many health benefits. It’s a powerful anti-oxidant, with anti-inflammatory properties and believed to be a metabolism booster.
If you’re having a dinner table a roasted whole cauliflower is a stunning presentation. If you’re very short on active prep time, this is something you can stick in the oven and walk away.
Once fully baked which takes about 45 minutes, you can slice it into cauliflower steaks.
Play Around with this Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
- Make It Spicy: Add curry powder or your favorite spice.
- Make it Italian: Roast with garlic butter, finishing with a sprinkling of parmesan.
- Make it Nashville Hot: Add a 1/4 of cayenne pepper into the butter, smear on before roasting. Be careful.
- Make it Greek: Rub olive oil all over. Sprinkle with oregano. When you slice, serve with a smattering of feta and kalamata olives.
There are so many ways to flavor cauliflower.
- Make soup. I will soon be showing you how I turned this into a delicious creamy soup.
- Make a flavorful mash. Imagine these as delicious mashed potatoes.
You may also like these cauliflower recipes.
Popcorn Cauliflower, Flash Fried
Baked Cauliflower with Butter and Parmesan
Cauliflower Hash with Poached Eggs
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Whole Cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the bottom leaves of the cauliflower.
- Butter the cauliflower head generously.
- Sprinkle with turmeric so the whole head is covered.
- Place in roasting pan or cast iron frying pan.
- Roast until golden brown and internal temperature of cauliflower taken in center is 165 degrees F. It will be soft, but not too soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Can’t wait to try this. I even have two recently-purchased, gorgeous heads in my garage frig just waiting for me to prepare into something. I even have the tumeric. 😁
Yay. I hope you love it.