The best recipes sometimes come quite by accident or in this case times of stress. These are the perfect grain pumpkin muffins with a nice texture that is not dense, and flavored just right.
I have a new facebook group, Joyful Keto and Beyond. Would love to see you there.
My kitchen has been an extremely busy operation. My mother’s celebration of life was held on Sunday at my home and I did lots of cooking and preparation. My mother would have wanted it this way. I still can’t talk about it too much, because it’s been a lot to process.
In the midst of everything I made these pumpkin snacking cakes that can double for grain free pumpkin muffins.
Easy Grain Free Pumpkin Muffins
Made mainly with almond flour and a bit of coconut flour, they are fluffy, with a perfect crumb. I topped these with chopped pecans prior to baking and they have just the right amount of pumpkin spice.
When it comes to pumpkin spice, you can make your own. If not, please buy a good brand. They are not created equally, and my favorite is the Trader Joe’s brand. I’ve compared it to much more expensive spice blends and it still wins for intense flavor.
Cooking Tip: I always microwave a teaspoon of batter to taste. I almost always add a little more pumpkin spice blend.
I like these so much, they are going to go into my keto home bakery as a snacking cake.
Keto Friendly: Nutrition Value under 1 net carb.
There are 4 carbs, 4 grams fiber, 0 Net carbs.
Keto Pumpkin Cupcakes
- cupcake liners
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. 180 C. Gas 4
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add avocado oil and swerve granular sweetener.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Add almond milk to sour cream. Stir together. Add to Mixture.
- Add in dry ingredients. Mix on low until just incorporated.
- Spray cupcake liners.
- Fill each one. This is 12 servings.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo