Unexpected Healthy Thanksgiving Sides and Salads
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We all love a good, hearty thanksgiving dinner, even when we do a keto friendly thanksgiving.
However, I have to have some healthy sides and salads to balance out the meal.
These are a collection of unexpected healthy thanksgiving sides that will add some brightness to a heavy meal and are great to take along as a guest.
Salads: Unexpected Healthy Thanksgiving Sides
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples.
- Festive Kale Salad, Butternut Squash, Honey Rosemary Vinaigrette
- Kale and Apple Salad with Golden Raisins, Maple Vinaigrette
- Paleo Bacon and Broccoli Salad, Honey Mustard Dressing
Greens: Unexpected Healthy Thanksgiving Sides
- Sauteed Swiss Chard. – Not only colorful, but a great unexpected green.
- Green Beans Almondine – An easy, great side anytime of year.
- Low Carb Green Beans and Brussels Casserole – A splendid remake.
- Roasted Golden Beet Carpaccio – Thinly sliced with orange walnut vinaigrette.
- Cauliflower Mash – Not a green a but a good sub for mashed potatoes.
Just in case you are looking for the most loved side of the decade, Brussels Sprouts, I have several options and these are the favorite. Remember do NOT OVERCOOK.
Brussels Sprouts – An Expected Side at Thanksgiving
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Veggies (Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Broccoli)
- Five Minute Flash Fried Brussels Sprouts – The way restaurants make them.
- Butternut Squash with Brussels Sprouts and a Secret Ingredient
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Parmesan
The left are flash fried. If that’s too much, the right are garlic roasted.
Go Here to Find My Entire List of Low-Carb Thanksgiving Recipes
Cheers to a healthy, happy Thanksgiving this season. As I strive to count my blessings, I pray to be a blessing to my family, my community, my country.