In all of my years blogging keto recipes, selling keto bakes, I’ve hardly ever made keto fathead dough. That changes now, because it’s so easy, so delicious, freezes so well, and opens up a world of possibilities for people missing bread.
Ingredients for Keto Fathead Dough
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Cream Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Maldon Flaked Salt
These ingredients come together to form an actual dough ball that you can roll out into pizza round, or flatbread. This recipe yields four flatbreads, (6 net carbs) or you can make into six smaller pieces (3 net carbs).
I’ll explain why. Keto fathead dough is made mostly out of cheese, mozzarella and cream cheese, and adding cheese on top of something made out of so much cheese never appealed to me. This is why I make flatbread more often, garnished with rosemary and Maldon flaked sea salt.
I also like to spread roasted garlic on flatbread.
Macros for Keto Flatbread
This recipe makes six flatbread rounds at 3 net carbs, or 4 flatbreads at 4 net carbs.Keto Fathead Dough Rounds
You can either make 4 flatbreads or six round flatbreads.
Variations for Keto Fathead Dough Flatbread
Three times this week, I’ve used the base for smoked salmon with dill and sliced cucumber and it was heaven.
I loved the idea of using the flatbread rounds for bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, roasted garlic, olive oil and basil.
More Keto Bread Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Keto Fathead Dough for Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (205 C. )
- Mix almond flour, baking powder together. Set aside.
- Cut cream cheese into small pieces and intersperse in mozzarella in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, turning every 30 seconds for a minute or more until it's warmed and ready to mix. Use a fork to mix. Set aside.
- Beat egg and add to almond flour mixture. Add to the mozzarella.
- Use your hands to incorporate ingredients and form into a dough ball. I find rolling the dough back and forth on my marble counter works well.
- At this point you can refrigerate until ready to bake or bake immediately.
- Cut dough in half and half again to get four even dough balls.
- Use plastic wrap or a piece of parchment paper with a rolling pin to roll out.
- Place on baking sheet with either silpat or parchment paper.
- Rub olive oil lightly over each flatbread.
- Sprinkle each with chopped rosemary and flaked sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- You can eat as is, or make bruschetta (see here) or avocado toast or the way I love it with cream cheese, lox, and dill.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo