Spring is right around the corner and this usually means strawberry season. These keto strawberry biscuits are absolutely delicious and perfect for a brunch, a tea, and girlfriend time. I know I’m thinking this is a lady’s biscuit filled with strawberries and so pretty, but my husband loved them.
I’m already thinking about you making a batch for your bestie and enjoying such a lovely treat without grain, without gluten and without guilt.
My Journey as a Keto Baker and Keto Bakery Owner
Before I get down to sharing this recipe for keto strawberry biscuit with you, I want to have a little chat.
In the past 3 or 4 years I have completely changed my kitchen to predominantly low-carb, gluten free and keto friendly. My journey started many years ago trying out paleo, which I still think is a great life style as long as you don’t overdo the honey, maple syrup and sweet potatoes. I also played around gluten free with rice flours and tapioca. I don’t recommend such gluten free flours for daily eating as they spike blood sugar. Along came a strong need for good, grain free baking recipes.
Admittedly, I was overwhelmed with a huge challenge. Can I make biscuits, cakes and pie crusts that are grain free and low carb and have it be worthy of my time and palate?
My most important consideration was you. Can I give you recipes you can repeat at home and eat with joy? Can I help you have a healthier world?
Not only was I intensely interested in a new way of baking, but there’s a big purpose behind it. Together we are fighting for our life, our mobility, our brains, our joints, and we are staving off chronic disease from sugar and grains.
If this resonates with you, and you are trying to swim through all the recipes on line or seek advice for how to bake grain free, I’m here to tell you, I don’t just throw up recipes because keto is trendy. I’m in this for the long game. This is one of the reasons I keep working with my basic recipes to keep the fun going and give you variety like keto strawberry biscuits.
A few years ago I opened a keto home bakery, which forced me to be even more diligent in developing consistent recipes that would be well received. I am still testing and retesting recipes to bring you what I believe to be the best keto baked goods. Take a moment to subscribe and enjoy.
It’s quite different to give recipes on a website than to actually bake and sell them.
The Best Keto Strawberry Biscuit
These are made with the base of my ever famous, most amazing grain free biscuits, the ones I sell in the bakery. The base was something I got lucky with. In the first few months of its development, I tweaked here and there, but now I wouldn’t change a single thing. It’s the same base I use for my keto cheddar biscuits and my keto cinnamon biscuits.
Ingredients for Keto Strawberry Biscuits
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Egg Whites
- Golden Flax
- Baking Powder
- Swerve (or erythritol of choice)
- Fresh Strawberries, diced
Baking Tips for Keto Strawberry Biscuits
- Keep your dry ingredients, except the swerve, in bags to make keto biscuits anytime.
- Gently toss the strawberries with some Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener if you have it.
- Place strawberries in biscuits after they are already on the baking sheet, which allows you to gently place them, keep things even, and not turn your batter pink.
More Grain Free Keto Biscuits from Spinach Tiger
- Grain Free, Keto Biscuit Recipe
- Cheddar Bay Keto Biscuit
- Keto Sweet Potato Biscuit
- Keto Cinnamon Biscuit
- Keto Chicken and Biscuits
- Egg Frittata Biscuits
Keto Strawberry Biscuits
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Cut in butter, mixing in with hands.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks . Fold into mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop 12 biscuits onto baking sheet.
- Cut Strawberries in quarters. Roll in confectioner's sugar. Put strawberries in biscuits after they are on the baking sheet, so they don't smush and turn batter pink.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo