This is it, the keto New York cheesecake you might have been waiting for. It tastes just like that New York Cheesecake, doned with sour cream and colorful fruit if you want to get a little fancy.
Since I originally started making sugar-free keto cheesecakes, I found a fairly good formula that I think works perfectly whether I’m making small cheesecakes, jar cheesecakes or this nice big fat New York style cheesecake.
This served as the birthday cake for the twins, Marshall and Ryder, who turned 15 on Sunday. If you follow this blog for the last 14 years, you would hear about them, as for many years they were right there in the kitchen baking along side of me, or playing while I was doing a blog post. I’m not the mom, but I’m the friend who watched them for years and am still a big part of their life.
The one keto dessert that they like and will eat is the cheesecake! I think keto cheesecake probably is the one dessert you can fool all the people with as far as sugar-free desserts.
New York style keto cheesecake has a rich slightly dense texture, not too sweet and topped with sour cream. I didn’t sweeten the sour cream with anything as I didn’t find that necessary. If you love, creamy and rich, you will love this keto cheesecake.
Ingredients for Keto Cheesecake
- Cream Cheese (full fat)
- Sour Cream
- Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener (or erythritol of choice)
- Orange or Lemon zest and extract
- 9 inch cheesecake pan with removable bottom
- Almond Flour Crust
My ratio is 8 ounces cream cheese to one egg to 1/4 cup sour cream to 1/2 cup confectioner’s. I added one extra yolk, which I do if it’s a big cheesecake. I used an 8 1/2 inch cheesecake pan. If you have a larger pan, add more ingredient in this ratio.
How to Bake a Keto Cheesecake
You will not need to make a water bath for this cheesecake. I learned this from America’s Test Kitchen, and I like how this texture turns out. Rich, fluffy, creamy and slightly dense
I’ve made this cheesecake twice in one week for different events. The second time I used the thermometer and took it out of the oven at 155 degrees F. shaving off about ten minutes of baking time and it was creamier. Both version were good, but I liked the creamier version best. This means means you will be taking the cheesecake out before you think it’s done trusting that thermometer.
Once you have your baked almond flour crust, make sure your temperature is 325 (160 C) degrees F. If you use bake mode, you’ll be baking for about 45-50 minutes. If you are using a convection oven, it may only take about 40-50 minutes. How will you know?
How Do You Tell When a Cheesecake is Done?
Take the internal temperature. If you’ve been here for anytime at Spinach Tiger, you will know I’m devoted to the food thermometer for baking. Cheesecake is done when center is 150 F (65 C).
Fancy Fruit Topping for Keto Cheesecake
The easiest way to top a cheesecake and make it pretty is to make a fruit wreath around the cheesecake. I wait and top my cheesecake with fruit before serving (1 to 2 hours is okay). Then right before serving, I sprinkle confectioner’s sugar. (I use Swerve brand).
Please Pin so you can make this for your next special occasion.
More KETO Cheesecakes from Spinach Tiger
Go check out the NEW homepage. Will give you lots of options. Just click on the logo at the top.
Note: MACROS are in the recipe.
Keto New York Style Cheesecake
- 32 ounces full fat cream cheese room temperature (see notes)
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups Swerve Confectioner’s powdered erythritol (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon or orange extract more if needed
- zest of one orange or lemon
- Almond Flour Crust Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Swerve or sugar
- ! Make Almond Crust
- Add almond flour, melted butter, vanilla and swerve.
- Pat down into a 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Don't go up the sides. Not necessary.
- Jab with fork all over. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until done at 350 F (180C).
- Stick in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Using a food processor, or a mixer, mix cream cheese until it is very smooth.
- Add in sour cream, zest, swerve, Mix well.
- Add vanilla. Add lemon extract (if using)
- Add eggs by hand, until just mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for up to 45-55 minutes.or until the outside is set and the middle still jiggles a little. It will continue to cook.I t will get a golden brown. The internal temperature should be taken at 45 minutes to see where it's at. It's done at 150 degrees in center.
- Turn oven off. Open oven door. Leave in for an hour. If you don't have time for that, it's okay. I didn't as I needed my oven. It might compact a little more, but that's okay. When that happens, I just stick inside microwave to cool.
- Take cheesecake out. Allow it to cool for two hours. Remove from pan.
- If you want sour cream on top, spread on after cooling and before refrigeration.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight.
- Serve as is, or with berries and fresh mint.
To Make this cheesecake sky high, bake in an 8 inch cheesecake pan.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo