Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
How to Make a Good Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake is probably one of the most intimidating desserts to make. There are two concerns. When is it really done and will it crack?
Mine obviously didn’t crack, but I did struggle a bit on doneness. You’re supposed to give it a little jiggle. If it jiggles a little circle in the middle, turn off the oven. I didn’t use a bain marie (water bath), as the Loveless Cafe Cookbook says that’s a waste of time.
It bakes for an hour and a half (which seems like a long time). Then turn off the oven, leave the door open and let it sit in there for another 30 minutes. Take it out of oven, and run sharp knife around the edge. Cover loosely with foil for several hours to cool. It’s best if you can refrigerate overnight, but chill for at least 6 hours.
Stop right here if you’re looking for a pumpkin cheesecake recipe. It’s a high, dense creamy cheesecake just absolutely luscious full of pumpkin pie flavor with a grain free almond flour crust.
You can choose to make this a low-carb, keto friendly recipe by using swerve, or you can use sugar. That is up to you. The rest of the recipe remains the same and it’s Cheesecake Factory inspired.
I served this pumpkin cheesecake recipe at a recent birthday dinner as the birthday girl was on the keto diet. Everyone loved it. Mr. Spinach Tiger, who hates pumpkin pie and hates cheesecake, ate a good share.
This is why I say never say never. You think you know what you like, but don’t cut yourself short because maybe you just haven’t had it prepared the right way or you’ve convinced yourself about something that isn’t true.
National Encouragement Day
I only tell you this because if you think you know yourself fully, take another look, reconsider. There is so much more to you than you know, and perhaps waiting to bloom. While we all have the pleasure of aging, we also have a pleasure of never being done. Old dogs cannot only learn new tricks; they can invent them.
We humans are fluid. We change. We reconsider. We forgive. We reconcile. We rediscover. We may gray and wrinkle and lose collagen as our joints ache, but our hearts and minds can continue to grow, surprising us. . That’s a real thing. I encourage you to encourage yourself to find discover something new about yourself.
I used to say “I don’t make desserts, I don’t bake” and look at me now. I found out that I can and I do it. I now have a keto home bakery, which I never set out to do.
This low carb pumpkin cheesecake gave me no trouble at all. I served with a mixture of heavy cream and sour cream on the side.
I used this recipe from Wholesome Yum for a grain free crust, using almond flour to make a pre-baked crust.
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Nutrition Values
I used this organic pumpkin, which has less than 24 net carbs for the whole can. The entire cheesecake serves 10 and has 48 net carbs, making this a very low carb, keto friendly dessert option at 4 net carbs per slice (12 slices to a cake).
The Sweetener for Grain Free Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
For the sweetener I used the Confectioner’s Swerve (erythritol), which I can honestly say tasted just like a dessert made with sugar. I’ve used Swerve many times and sometimes you get a cooling effect from it, but this did not happen with the cheesecake. You can read here as to why I love Swerve.
Kitchen Items You Need for this Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
I like using a springform pan, but you can use a 9 inch heavy duty cake pan. You might have a little left over if you do that which you can put in another pan. (Amazon affiliate).
I highly recommend using parchment paper a food processor works better than a mixer because it won’t create air. If you do use a mixer, make sure to tap the baking dish on the counter to remove air.
These are the parchment paper rounds I use and I love that they have the little tabs.
The nutmeg grinder is not absolutely necessary, but my kitchen wouldn’t be without it, because nutmeg only tastes good if it’s freshly ground.
Most Popular Cheesecake Recipe here is the Grain Free Maple Pecan Cheesecake Bars.
Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe (Keto and Paleo friendly)
- 4 8- ounce packages full fat cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream full fat
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves ground
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 15- ounce can pure Organic pumpkin see notes
- 2 3/4 cups Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or Bourbon
- 4 large room temperature lightly beaten eggs
- Put pecans in food process until crushed into small pieces.
- Add almond flour, melted butter, vanilla and swerve.
- Pat down into a 9-inch springform pan. You may not have enough to go up the sides. Don't worry about that.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until done. Set aside to cool.
- Make Filling
- In a a bowl, add all spices, swerve, vanilla to pumpkin, Mix well. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, mix cream cheese until it is very smooth. Add in swerve. Mix well.
- Add in sour cream, pumpkin,. Mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs until just mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for up to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until the outside is set and the middle still jiggles a little, It will continue to cook.
- Turn oven off. Open oven door. Leave in for an hour.
- Take cheesecake out. Allow to cool for two hours.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight.
You can substitute 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice for the spices.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo