A few days ago I tasted a delicious asparagus quiche at a friend’s house and was inspired to make it with keto friendly quiche crust. This could find its way to your Brunch table at Easter or Mother’s Day, as asparagus comes into season in Spring.
My only warning about this asparagus quiche recipe is you may not be able to eat just one piece.
Asparagus is a springtime veggie and this could be perfect for your Easter or Mother’s Day brunch.
This is gluten free, paleo and keto friendly. Read my article below to see why it fits all three.
Ingredients for Almond Flour Quiche Crust
- Almond Flour
- Melted Butter
- Baking Powder
- Herbs (optional)
You will want to Pre-bake your almond flour crust for about 10 minutes. Once your quiche is baked, you will be able to cut it just like a regular crust, but cool it for about 10 minutes first.
As you can tell I used a bottomless quiche pan. I also used some parchment paper on the bottom.
Asparagus Quiche Recipe (Filling)
- Heavy Cream
- Salt, Pepper
- Manchego or Gruyere or White Cheddar
- Pecorino or Parmesan
More Related Recipes from Spinach Tiger
- 1 pre-baked quiche crust
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- 4 ounces manchego or gruyere or white cheddar
- 1 ounce pecorino
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The crust will take 10 minutes to pre-bake. The quiche will take about 22 to 23 minutes to bake.
Almond Flour Quiche Crust
- Mix cooled melted butter with egg.
- Mix almond flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the egg butter mixture until incorporated. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Use parchment paper to roll out. Place in bottomless quiche pan. You may have to use your hands to patch the sides
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Trim asparagus by cutting off about two inches off bottom.
- Wrap in wet paper towel and microwave for about 3 to 5 minutes until nearly softened. Asparagus will continue to cook in quiche.
- Cut asparagus in small 1-2 inch pieces.
- Mix eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, cheese together.
- Pour into pre-baked shell. Bake for 22-25 minutes with just a slight jiggle in the middle.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo