You can this easy taco slaw for all kinds of tacos. Great with chicken, pork, shrimp and fish. You can make your adjustments according to what you’re serving, but this is very versatile.
This recipe for taco slaw uses a combination of mayo, sour cream and your choice of salsa. I prefer salsa verde (love the Trader Joe’s version), but you could also use a red salsa. I saved time using onion powder instead of chopping any onion, added chili powder, salt and pepper. A squeeze of lime with the zest brightens it up and cilantro pulls it all together.
Make this recipe for taco slaw least two hours in advance to give the flavors a chance to sing.
Ideas for Easy Tacos Using Taco Slaw
- Left Over Roast Chicken, Rotisserie Chicken
- Pulled Pork
- Left over Pot Roast
- Grilled or Sauteed Shrimp
- Your Favorite Frozen Fish or Grilled Fish
- Sliced Sweet Potatoes (for a meatless night, this slaw works here)
Don’t Forget to PIN THIS
More Slaw Recipes from Spinach Tiger
I’ve made various different slaws over the years. Take a look.
- Asian Slaw, Ginger Dressing
- Crack Slaw with Comeback Sauce
- Blue Cheese Slaw with Green Apple
- Red Cabbage Salad
- Keto Fish Tacos
- Healthy Eggroll in a Bowl
Recipe for Taco Slaw
- 1 bag cole slaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa green or red
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime juice, zest
- 1 jalopeno or serrano pepper optional
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix all ingredients together except for shredded slaw and cilantro.
- Place slaw into serving bowl. Add above dressing, as much as you need. If you find the slaw too dry, add in a little more mayo.
- Toss with cilantro. Refrigerate for at least two hours prior to serving if you can.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo