Big Fat Healthy Crack Slaw with Three Ingredient Comeback Sauce
Spinach Tiger loves ground beef. It’s our go to for easy meals that are fast, but not fast food. A meal like this can be made in about twenty minutes, Those of us who don’t want to rely on processed or frozen food need these ideas.
Crack slaw is one of those easy, approachable recipes that is a savior when you’re eating low carb and you’re short on time. I’m not sure where this was invented or created. There are many recipes for it on the web and everyone puts their own spin on it.
My take for crack slaw is to slather it with an easy three-ingredient comeback sauce.
One of the ways I like crack slaw is to use a mixture of ground beef and ground pork because it makes me feel like I’m eating an egg roll. You can choose your ground meat. Most use beef, but the pork adds in a little extra flavor, resembling more of that egg roll taste.
How to Make Crack Slaw with Comeback Sauce
It generally start with a little olive oil or avocado oil with some garlic, followed by ground meat. Once the meat is browned, l’ll add in the cabbage, fresh ginger, sesame oil, tamari or soy sauce. My secret for crack slaw is using my own homemade comeback sauce at the end.
The Comeback Sauce
My comeback sauce is pretty simple. I use sriracha, mayonnaise, and a touch of soy sauce (tamari). I’ve seen recipes with a long list of ingredients, but this does it for me. I’ve tried adding in various ingredients and they did not work! The ratio is mayo/sriracha is 4/1 and the tamari is to taste. You may want to add a tablespoon of tamari, but I would start with a teaspoon at a time. It’s so good. It has the acid, fat and salt necesary. Creamy, tangy, and cool enough to counteract some of the heat in the crack slaw.
So tell me, do you have a secret sauce recipe? I’d love to hear about it.
The most popular ground beef recipe here and at home is this ground beef and peas stir fry.
Crack Slaw with with Three Ingredient Comeback Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil more if needed once the slaw is added
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef see notes
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- salt pepper
- 1 bag cole slaw mix shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce or soy sauce more if needed
- Saute the garlic in the oil just to soften.
- Add ground beef that has been seasoned with salt and pepper
- After meat is browned, add in the cole slaw mix.
- Mix thoroughly. It will seem like a lot of cabbage, but it will cook down.
- Add in sesame oil, ground ginger, sriraacha.
- Season to taste. You may need to add more oil.
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha together.
- Add tamari sauce one teaspoon at a time. Add as much as you need to taste, but not so much as to make this salty.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo