Who doesn’t love crispy chicken tenders? I can easily show you how to make chicken tenders that are grain free, gluten free, paleo, keto friendly.
Grain Free Chicken tenders are good for dinners, salads, tacos, sandwiches, and snacks.
There are two ways to make grain free chicken tenders. You can dip them into buttermilk or beaten egg. I had great luck with the both, and if you’re not able to eat eggs, the buttermilk works well.
I used almond flour and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. You could also use grated parmesan. The grated cheese gives an extra flavor and works well combined with almond flour. (amazon affiliate).
The key to frying with almond flour is to use very low heat, as almond flour can tend to burn. Low heat also helps to keep the chicken tender.
The thing that most puzzles me sometimes is what to serve with chicken tenders. Sometimes I like ketchup. Sometimes I like honey mustard. Sometimes, I like comeback sauce I made here.
More Low Carb Grain Free (Keto Friendly) Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups almond flour (may not use all)
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten or 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup olive oil, avocado oil,or coconut oil (choose one)
- Chicken Tenders Instructions
- Pat tenders with paper towel.
- Mix almond flour with parmesan cheese.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip into egg, dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil to medium heat.
- Place chicken in pan (not touching or crowded).
- Turn heat down to low and fry a few minutes on each side, to a internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Fry in oil of choice.(A few minutes on each side).
- Drain on paper towels.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It does not affect pricing.