Burger Steak Recipe with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce (Low Carb)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This burger steak recipe is only made the absolutely most delicious with this sour cream mushroom sauce. It’s completely low carb and keto friendly, and the easiest comfort food you can make.
I know there is a lot of fuss for one dish meals, which I love too, and slow cooker comfort food, but the easy twenty minute meal still rules for us.
This burger steak recipe is the perfect easy dinner when you want the comfort of slow cooking, but you need it fast. The sour cream will add that luscious layer of creaminess while not taking away from the mushrooms or the meat.
This Burger Steak Recipe is Oven Baked for an Easy Dinner
These burger steaks are made the same way I made hamburger steaks with onions, completely oven baked. While the burger steaks are in the oven, you can sauté the mushrooms. Wait just until you’re ready to serve to add in the sour cream. Once you make the sauce complete, you need to serve immediately.
A good side would be mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower (for low-carb), but I’m always sure to add in a green, like this melted kale.
I used cremini mushrooms, sliced medium thin, and sauteéd first in butter. When they were cooked through and golden but not browned, I added in the sour cream and a little more Worcestershire sauce. (You can use wine in the mushrooms as an option). I added herbs de provence.
When dishes are simple like a burger steak recipe, use quality ingredients.
I used a high quality grass fed ground beef with some added olive oil, as sometimes grass-fed beef can be dry. If you are not using grass fed meat, you can skip the olive oil. I used organic sour cream which is so much better than regular sour cream.
Pin This ↓
More Ground Beef Recipes from Spinach Tiger
More Keto Recipes
Burger Steak Recipe with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup grass fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil see notes
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- black pepper
- Mix mix gently with olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper.
- Form into hamburger steaks. I like an oval shape for this recipe, but you can make rounds
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F. for about twenty minutes or until your meat reaches the temperature you want.
- Make Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
- Scrub, pat dry mushrooms. I use a mushroom brush. Slice thinly.
- Add butter to frying pan and cook mushroom on medium low heat until softened.
- Add in a tablespoon of white wine and cook down until wine has evaporated. If you don't want to use wine, use more Worcestershire sauce. If mushrooms are done before meat, turn heat off.
- When ready to serve, heat up mushrooms, add in sour cream and toss until you have a sauce the consistency you want.
- Serve immediately.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
Is the comment about using organic cream cheese a typo?
Yes. Thank you. I fixed it.
Do you have nutrition information?
I just added it
Perfect made with wine! I’ll make this over and over! Thank you!
That’s wonderful. Nice to hear.