Grain Free Chicken and Biscuits Pot Pie (Paleo, Keto)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grain Free Chicken and Biscuits Pot Pie could make a lot of folks happy.
We are foodies, which means we dine out a lot more than most people, even though most of you see me cooking and cooking and cooking, recipe after recipe.
While I do tinker in the kitchen, I have a thing for dining out because I was raised that way. Weekends usually mean restaurants and Sundays usually mean recovery, but it certainly still has to be that big fat healthy food that we look forward to.
This dish was originally inspired by my mom, Retro Rose. She loved comfort food made with biscuits. You can bet that if we went out to restaurant and chicken and biscuits was on the menu, you can bet she would order it. She’s no longer with us, but her spirit is and
Chicken and Biscuits can be made with any number of Spinach Tiger’s biscuits.
What ingredients are in grain free biscuit?
This is the biscuit I sell in my keto bakery. It’s made from almond flour, coconut flour, butter, golden flax, egg whites, baking powder and salt. You can find the recipe for the biscuits here.
How to thicken keto chicken and biscuits
Instead of using flour, I used gelatin as a thickening agent to make this keto friendly. If you don’t want to use gelatin, you could use arrowroot or a very small amount of xanthan gum. You could also add some heavy cream.
This is the best keto comfort food. You will still love the comfort of the creamy chicken and the crispy biscuits.
Instead of potatoes, I used cauliflower rice, and added in some broccoli, carrots, celery and onions..
The biscuits are baked separately and put on the chicken right before serving, so they don’t get soggy.
There is a gluten free biscuit version of this dish here.
This dish can also be made with these grain free cheddar biscuits.
More Keto Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Parmesan Mayonnaise Chicken Bake
Low Carb Chicken Parmesan with Pepperoni
Grain Free Chicken and Biscuits
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots shredded or sliced (leave out if keto)
- 2 ribs celery diced optional
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower rice or chopped broccoli see notes
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken see notes
- salt and pepper
- handful parsley reserve some for garnish
- Grain Free Biscuits see recipe
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in frying pan. Add diced onion, celery, carrots, cauliflower rice,
- Heat broth separately.
- Sprinkle gelatin over broth to thicken it.
- Add in a tablespoon of dijon mustard. Stir to incorporate.
- Cook on low for about fifteen minutes, adding in vegetables and chicken.
- As the broth is cooking down, make the biscuits.
- Add 3 tablespoons minced parsley. Reserve some for final garnish.
- Once the chicken mixture is creamy enough, add golden baked biscuits to top serve.
- Make sure you use biscuits crispy right from oven. If you make them in advance, reheat in oven to make they browned and crispy.
You can leave out the cauliflower rice or chopped broccoli. If you don't want to use gelatin:
- You can thicken with 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, stirring vigorously.
- You can thicken with arrowroot.
- You can thicken with heavy cream.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo