Baked frittata with spaghetti and broccoli could be baked frittata with any kind of pasta and veggie, because it’s all about using the left overs to drive home a protein packed, healthy breakfast lunch or dinner. I needed some cooking inspiration this week and I was helped along with an egg accessory package from OXO. Within 24 hours I was making these backed mini spaghetti broccoli frittatas.
I had left over spaghetti treated with olive oil and you know I hate wasting good food. Left over spaghetti with freshly sauteed broccoli with a few red peppers became the ingredients for my left over frittata. I made individual frittatas in these cast iron dishes, but feel free to follow this recipe to make one large frittata.
The key to good scrambled eggs or a good frittata is to get the egg beaten well. I grew up on that old fashioned egg beater, but I love the the scrambler OXO makes. This tool does a great job of aerating the eggs and mixing them completely.
The spaghetti was already cooked and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. The broccoli was sauteed until it was softened about 5 minutes and then the spaghetti and eggs were added in.
Frittatas can be served hot, or room temperature. Serve with crusty bread.
More Frittatas From Spinach Tiger
Let’s connect. I would love to meet you on Instagram.
Baked Frittata with Spaghetti and Broccoli
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese such as pecorino, parmesan, gruyere, cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped papadew
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti you can use as little or as much of the pasta as you wish
- Scramble eggs with cream. Add cheese.
- Add spaghetti and broccoli to a greased pan, individual baking dishes. They may fit 3 eggs or 2 eggs, depending on size.
- Add eggs into pan.
- Bake at 375 for 15 to 25 minutes in the top third of the oven. The frittata will be done when the middle is cooked. You may need to press out some of the liquid egg so it can cook down.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo