How adorable is this dish? Squash blossom spaghetti is so very Italian, yet you’re not going to see it on a menu anytime soon.
These squash blossoms are accompanied by yellow zucchini that grows in my backyard garden. It seemed such a shame not to eat the flowers that could dress up a dish like this. I showed you how to fry them here. I stuffed them with goat cheese here.
This is fried yellow squash with its blossoms. Fresh from the garden and so fun and tasty.
After giving the yellow squash a good salt bath and drawing out the moisture with paper towels, it was dredged in egg and flour and fried quickly. Backyard garden basil and parsley were added to the flour for flavor, and as soon as it topped on spaghetti that had olive oil and garlic, it got got a dose of pecorino romano cheese.
The squash blossom is prepared a little differently. I simply mix some water and flour together, and fry quickly.
This is such a pretty summer meal. Done in less than thirty minutes. Enjoy!
Squash Blossoms with Spaghetti
- 4 squash blossoms fried Recipe here
- 4 yellow zucchini
- oil for frying
- 1 egg
- 1 cups flour
- handful of parsley and basil chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese grated
- Cut yellow squash in spears or coins, salt, leave for ten minutes, and drain with paper towels
- Mix flour with salt, pepper, chopped herbs.
- Put oil in pan up to 1/2 inch. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Make spaghetti according to instructions. Drain, toss with olive oil, chopped garlic, and remaining herbs.
- Top with squash and squash blossoms.
Squash blossoms Recipe here.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo