This is my most popular cake in my home keto bakery. You can make the chocolate cake from scratch, which is very easy or use the Swerve boxed cake mix, before adding the Texas sheet cake glaze.
If you live in Nashville you may have seen me make on Talk of the Town.
Best Sugar Free Chocolate Texas Sheet (Keto Friendly)
I believe I have the BEST keto chocolate cake recipe. I’ve worked and reworked my chocolate base until I thought it was good enough to star in my home keto bakery I started in July of 2019. This is one of the most requested cakes along with my Keto German Chocolate Cake.
Swerve Boxed Cake Mix
I also made a sugar free Texas Sheet Cake with the Serve Box Cake mix and it was done in 30 minutes start to stop. It tasted just as good as any Texas Sheet Cake I’ve ever had, and you would never know it’s sugar free.
If you haven’t heard of Swerve, please read my article here.
When Swerve sent me a few box cakes to try, I figured it would be a decent product, as you all know I’m an avid baker and I use powdered erythritol as a sugar substitute to keep it low carb.
The first time I used a Swerve Box Cake, I actually used two boxes to make a double layer cake for a birthday. I made used both a chocolate cake and a vanilla cake to make a double layer cake with this sugar free chocolate frosting for a birthday and people loved it.
Sheet Pan Cakes
I use a quarter sheet pan. I love the USA brand. I’ve had mine for years. It’s warp resistant and it’s the perfect size for Swerve one layer sheet pan cake. They have one slightly larger which also holds the same recipe, and if you use a half sheet pan, just double the recipe.
Texas Sheet cake Glaze is made on top of the stove
The icing is made on top of the stove as soon as the cake comes out of oven, using Swerve, unsweetened cocoa, vanilla, heavy cream, butter and pecans. Do not put butter in pan and melt before adding ingredients. Add butter LAST, so it doesn’t separate.
It’s so good. I’ve seen some recipes that add coconut and you certainly could add unsweetened coconut, which will add even more texture.
If you’re wanting portion control, this is the way to go. I was able to cut 24 pieces of this delicious cake. The pieces freeze very well and you can microwave for about ten seconds when you need that little bite of chocolate.
The Swerve chocolate cake makes this recipe very easy to throw together.
You can make individual Texas Sheet cake as I do in my bakery. This recipe will make 12 individual Texas sheet cakes.
You CAN Make this Keto Texas Sheet Cake from Scratch
I recently made a video which is being edited making this from scratch. The recipe is below in case you don’t want to use the box cake.
Texas Sheet Cake is the perfect cake to make for the holidays, game day or even a tailgating party.
More Low Carb Keto Desserts From Spinach Tiger
Keto Sheet Pan Brownies (Triple Chocolate)
Make Your own Chocolate Cake for Keto Texas Sheet Cake
If you want to make your own chocolate cake for this recipe, it’s included below and I have the macros.
Macros for the Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake from Scratch
There are 2 carbs, 3 fiber, for a 0 net carb (195 calories) per serving of the cake made from scratch. There are 24 servings.
Learn All about Swerve in this article, why I use Swerve.
Sugar Free Texas Sheet Cake, Using Swerve Box Cake Mix
- This recipe contains Amazon affiliate links which earn a small commission.
- Make Cake from Scratch or Used a Boxed Cake Swerve Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake From Scratch
- 230 grams almond flour 2 cups
- 26 grams coconut flour 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, see notes)
- 10 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup swerve granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- baking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut optional
- Kitchen Tools
- USA Quarter Sheet Pan
Make Box Cake or Make Cake From Scratch
- Spray a quarter sheet pan with baking spray.
- If using Swerve Boxed Cake Mix, Prepare batter as directed and pour into baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Center should spring back.
- As soon as cake it out of the oven, make glaze topping and pour warm topping over warm cake.
Chocolate Glaze Topping
- Combine the cocoa, cream, Swerve and butter for the frosting together in a saucepan. Do not put butter in first. Do not melt butter before adding other ingredients or it will separate. Continue stirring.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Add two tablespoons of milk if needed. Stir in pecans.
- Pour over cake.
- Cool and cut into 24 small pieces.
Chocolate Cake from Scratch
- Mix all dry ingredients, except Swerve, together including sifted cocoa. Set aside.
- Mix oil and Swerve together.
- Add eggs one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix milk and sour cream together. Add to egg mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to these wet ingredients.
- Bake in quarter sizer sheet pan for 15-20 minutes, until the center is 210. F.
- Once out of oven, make topping and pour over warm cake.
- Do not make the glaze topping until the cake is out of the oven.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo