Healthy Eggplant Dip is a great way to get the party started and feel good about it. The good news is how easy this is to make, although you do need something like a Vitamix to pull it off.
Simply bake up eggplant, peppers, onions, and if you have carrots, add those too, and then just blend it up to a delicious, lip smacking spread that tells hummus to move over.
There are no carbs!
It’s paleo friendly, if you spread it on lettuce instead of bread!
It tastes good, because it’s real food!
The thing that makes this so good, however, is the type of bread you spread it on. This spread is thick and luscious and needs a good piece of bread to put it on.
Look for bread that is sort of chewy, like a Tuscan loaf. Slice the bread into three inch wide strips, and toast slowly in the oven at 350 degrees. You can pile the bread onto a tray around the eggplant dip and allow people to help themselves.
MORE EGGPLANT RECIPES FROM SPINACH TIGER
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive iol
- 2 carrots
- Tuscan or similar Peasant Italian Bread, cut into three inch strips.
- Peel eggplant, cut into thick slices. Salt each side and leave out for an hour.
- Wipe with paper towels.
- Cut into large cubes.
- Peel and cut onion in quarters.
- Seed bell pepper and cut into strips.
- Peel and cut carrots into long chunks.
- Cut tomato into quarters.
- Toss Vegetables with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven at 400 degrees 20-30 minutes, until eggplant and green pepper is soft.
- Place into a Vitamix or blender. Mix until nearly smooth, but you can decide how much so. You might need to add a few tablespoons water.
- Bake at 350 until toasted on both sides (about 5-10 mins).