I made these keto blueberry cheesecake bars yesterday and took them to a potluck to watch them disappear quickly. Very quickly, with people who are not on a keto diet. I had to make them again today so I could shoot a few pics and quickly give you this recipe.
You can make keto blueberry cheesecake bars in either a 8 x8 square pan like this one from USA Pan, my favorite pan brand, or a rectangular pan.
Bottom Crust Ingredients
- Almond Flour (Makes great bottom crust. No coconut flour here)
- Butter – Melted. Use only amount in recipe, no more.
- Egg – I use whole egg.
- Baking Powder – This may seem odd, but makes a difference. (can leave out)
- Flavoring – I like to add some lemon or orange zest (or vanilla) when appropriate.
- Sweetener – For dessert tarts, I add granulated Swerve.
Process for Keto Cheesecake Blueberry Bars
- Prepare 8 x 8 pan with two pieces of parchment paper.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pre-bake at 350 F (180 C) for 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
One of the times I baked this in a rectangular pan, so use what you have.
- 16 ounces (two bars) full fat cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner’s (can use granulated)
- Lemon (zest and juice)
- Sour cream for spreading over cheesecake once it baked and cooled.
- Lemon Juice
- Xanthan Gum Gel (optional, but helps with thickening)
Note: You CAN use other fruits, fresh fruits not compotes. Just place fruit on top without making a compote.
You can use blueberry compote to make cheesecake in jars.
More Keto Cheesecake from Spinach Tiger
- Pear Cheesecake Bars
- Keto New York Cheesecake
- Keto Mini Cheesecake for Two
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Maple Pecan Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Crustless Cheesecake in Jars
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sweetener
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Blueberry Topping
- Place blueberries with few tablespoons of water, swerve, lemon juice in small saucepan. After about 10 minutes, add xanthan gum gel. You can leave this out, but you will have to drain some of the juice.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix all dry ingredients first. Add butter and beaten egg and mix with hands to bring together. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- I use a square 8 x 8 pan to make this and the safest thing to do is to line the whole pan in parchment paper first, as the almond flour dough can tend to stick. Spray the pan before applying the paper.
- Roll out on the parchment paper and then place the parchment paper with the dough into the pan. Freeze for five minutes or longer.
- Pre-bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees, 180 C.
Make Cheesecake Filling
- If cream cheese is not room temperature, microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Place egg, extracts, sour cream, Swerve in blender. Mix. Add cream cheese, and blend until well mixed. Add lemon juice and zest and mix again.
- Once tart is pre-baked, pour cream cheese mixture in. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Lower to 325 degrees F. and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cool completely before refrigerating. Cool to room temperature before adding sour cream in next step.
- Spread with sour cream. . Refrigerate for at least six hours prior adding blueberry compote. Refrigerate compote separately. Add compote to cream cheese bars Cut into 16 squares. You can skip the compote and add freshly sliced strawberries as an option.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo