Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Stuffed with Cheese
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My mom used to make cheese stuffed bacon wrapped hot dogs for us when we were kids. We thought she was super clever and a lot of fun serving these on days she wasn’t making big Italian dinners.
This is the kind of lunch that you can serve to both people on gluten free or keto diets and those who are not following a diet. For the grain free folks, just wrap them in my grain free tortillas.
Most days I skip any kind of roll and eat two of them, because I’m a true bacon lover at lunch time. I find that if I eat meat (with fat) at lunch, I’m not hungry for another six hours. Let me know if that works for you too. I never eat breakfast and eat lunch when I return from working out. If my lunch is mainly meat, I have no need to snack at 4:00.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
The process of making these is really easy. The key is using healthy all beef hot dogs that don’t have nitrates or nitrites. You can also do the same with the bacon. Some of the hot dog brands I’ve used are boar’s head, Trader Joe’s, and Apple Gate.
- Slice Hot Dogs down the middle, but leave attached.
- Stuff with your favorite cheese. Cheddar or Pepper Jack work great.
- Wrap with bacon.
- Bake in 400 F. oven. on baking sheet or cast iron for 8-10 minutes.
Sides for Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Broccoli Salad
- Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
- Cauliflower Salad
- Sweet Potato Fries, Oven Baked
- Popcorn Cauliflower
You might also love these bagel dogs, which are keto friendly.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Hot Dogs
- Grated Cheddar Cheese 1 tablespoon grated per hot dog
- Bacon one slice of bacon per hot dog
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- You can use a baking stone, sheet pan or cast iron frying pan.
- Grate cheese.
- Slice hot down center, leaving it still in one piece. Stuff. Wrap in bacon. I don’t use tooth picks, as they are harder to turn. just carefully turn and they should still stay together.
- Check at 10 minutes to turn over. Bake another 10 minutes or until bacon looks crisp. Serve in toasted buns or for keto friendly, serve in my keto tortillas.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo