Salmon Kabobs on the Grill
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How did I never do salmon kabobs on the grill before? Spring is next week and this may be a dish we do every week because these kabobs are just that tasty, as each piece is marinated getting all the flavors infused in each bite.
Sometimes I’m just like every other home cook in America. I run dry on inspiration. I started this food blog years ago to document my own recipes and bring easy, healthy recipes to make your job easier and more delicious. There are times I feel like I have no idea what to make and I even forget to take a look at my over 1300 recipes.
There was a time when I used to make more complicated dishes, but now that I have a keto bakery and have to spend at least two full days baking, I look forward to getting out of the kitchen. However, I want to get back in the kitchen with more savory dishes, so please take the time to subscribe if you haven’t already.
Three Things You Need to Know About Salmon Kabobs on the Grill
- 1. This is an easy recipe, that requires 5 minutes to make marinade, 7 minutes to grill.
- 2. This is a flavorful recipe with flavors of orange, sesame oil, chili oil, garlic and plenty of fresh ginger.
- 3. This is a versatile recipe that go low-carb (using cauliflower rice) or more filling when place atop rice or rice noodles. You can also change up the flavor profile as shown below.
The form you have selected does not exist.
Alternate Flavor Profiles for Salmon Kabobs
- Mediterranean: Use Olive Oil, Lemon, Fresh Garlic, Fresh Thyme or Oregano.
- Italian: Use Pesto as the marinade.
- Middle Eastern: Use Olive Oil, Lemon, Turmeric, Parsley, Za’atar. Top with toasted almonds.
We usually serve this over cauliflower rice. Flavor the rice ahead of time if desired with fresh ginger and a squeeze of lime or orange.
Marinade for Salmon Kabobs on the Grill
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Ginger
- Juice of Orange with Zest (or use Lime).
- Sesame Oil
- Chili Oil or Red Chili Flakes
- Tamari or Soy Sauce (Tamari for gluten free)
- Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- Metal Skewers (can be used over and over and don’t burn)
How to Make Salmon Kabobs on the Grill
- Mix up ingredients for marinade.
- Cut salmon skin off. Cut salmon into large cubes.
- Place in marinade. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes if you have time.
- Place pieces of salmon on skewers.
- Heat Grill to high (about 400 degree F.)
- Cook about 3-4 minutes each side. Make sure to turn on all four sides.
- Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.
More Salmon Recipes from Spinach Tiger
- Easy Spicy Tuscan Salmon
- Spicy Mayonnaise Salmon
- Pan Seared Salmon Tacos
- Ginger Roasted Salmon with Orange Roasted Beets
- Pasta with Salmon Mediterranean Style
- Pan Fried Salmon
Salmon Kabobs on the Grill
- 4 Salmon filets 6-8 ounces each
- 1 small Orange with zest or lime
- 1 tablesooon Fresh Ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Trim off salmon skin with sharp knife. Cut in to large cubes. Set Aside
- Mix all ingredients together except sesame seeds. Save some of the marinade for later BEFORE placing salmon in bowl.
- Marinate for two or more hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for twenty minutes.
- Light grill to high. Place cubes in skewers
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side. Mine took about 7 minutes for the salmon to be perfectly cooked without being overcooked.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo