If you’re an olive lover, a salt lover, a savory lover, you will absolutely love this combination of olives, feta, lemon and olive oil.
For some of my keto readers, you can enjoy this too!
The best way to make this salad is to use a combination of green and black olives (not the tasteless ripe black olives or stuffed green olives in jars.) Try to find an olive bar is you can and choose some large green olives, kalamata olives and or Italian olives.
Ideas for Olive and Feta Salad
- Castelvetrano Olives – Bright Green (from Castelvelatrano Sicily)
- Kalamata – Pungent featured most with Greek dishes.
- Italian Dry or Salt Cured – often marinated in olive oil, garlic, Italian seasonings
Mix up the green and brown or black olives for interest and variety of taste.
What is Feta Cheese?
Feta is a pickled white curd cheese made either from Sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep and goat cheese. It’s tangy and creamy. It can be cut into cubes or crumbled.
I prefer a sheep-milk only feta cheese and I’ll look for that. You might find feta in America made with cow’s milk. It’s not the same and I would avoid that.
Look for feta that is sitting in brine and is made 100% of sheep’s milk. Trader Joe’s carries a brined feta that is quite good.
What to do with Olive Feta Salad?
- Add Tomato and Cucumber. Now you really have a side salad or side dish.
- Toss spaghetti with olives and feta and you have a main dish or starter course.
- Place olive feta salad on your best charcuterie board.
Process for Olive Feta Salad
- Cut feta into cubes.
- Use an assortment of olives.
- Cover with extra virgin olive oil.
- Squeeze some lemon or orange and include some zest.
- Add fresh thyme (you can used dried or fresh oregano).
- Add chili flakes according to your desire for heat. You can skip.
More Recipes from Spinach Tiger
- Baked Fish With Olives, Tomatoes, Capers
- Italian Spicy Shrimp with Olives over Zoodles
- Braised Chicken and Olives
- Snowcap Heirloom Bean Soup with Shrimp and Olives
- Rosemary Focaccia with Olives, Roasted Tomatoes
- Flash Fried Greek Cauliflower with Feta and Olives
- Grilled Chicken Kabob Recipe with Potatoes, Brussels and Feta
Feta Olive Salad
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 12 various olives See Notes on Olives
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano or thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- lemon or orange with zest or both
- Cut feta into small cubes.
- Mix feta and olives in bowl with just enough olive oil to cover ingredients.
- Add squeeze of lemon or orange and add in some zest. Amounts will be up to you.
- Add fresh oregano (dried oregano) or my favorite Fresh Thyme.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes (according to your desire for heat). You can skip.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo