Roasted Garlic is simply amazing, and even palatable for people who think they are not garlic lovers. I’m one of those people who doesn’t like garlic overload. However, roasted garlic is buttery, mild, and spreads on bread wonderfully, especially this keto flatbread.
Knowing the best way to roast garlic is basic cooking, easy to do, and can make all the difference in some of your recipes.
How to Choose Garlic
Select garlic bulbs, with intact clinging paper skins. Don’t buy bulbs that have soft spots, or dark spots and don’t feel heavy enough for their size. Do not refrigerate, but store in dry, cool place in your pantry.
The Best Way to Roast Garlic
Cut top of garlic bulb, wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Garlic is done when it is soft and spreadable, anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes.
What to do with Roasted Garlic
One of my favorite ways to eat roasted garlic is to spread it on keto flatbread or when crusty sourdough. I have a very easy sourdough bread recipe here.
- Homemade sourdough bread.
- Keto flatbread.
- Add to soups, sauces.
- Spread on raw chicken before roasting.
- Mix into ground beef for meatballs, hamburgers.
- Add to vegetables.
- Add to a salad dressing. Roasted garlic is less pungent and will work in almost any dressing or vinaigrette.
More Garlic Centered Recipes
- Chicken Thighs with Wine and Garlic
- Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Kale Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Best Way to Roast Garlic
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut top off garlic (about 1/4 inch).
- Brush with generous amount of olive oil.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place on baking sheet. Roast for 40-50 minutes.
- Store in tight container in refrigerator for up to a week. I store in a mason jar.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo