Trust me. This recipe makes sense. It sounds crazy, but a savory fruity compote with fish is not far-fetched. This is not the first time I’ve topped salmon with something savory. Check out this Peach Jalapeno Salmon here.
This blueberry compote is made with pears, shallots, a dash of cinnamon, a touch of rosemary, and is like a savory fruit jam. It pairs perfectly with this grilled salmon, and I’ve also used it for savory meatballs.
Why You Need this Recipe for a Savory Blueberry Compote
You need this recipe for salmon with a savory blueberry compote, because if you’re like me, you need a new way to bring salmon to the table. We eat a lot of salmon and I like to change my recipe up depending on the season. This is a perfect summer approach.
- Rosemary Sprig
More Salmon Dishes from Spinach Tiger
- Salmon Kabobs
- Tuscan Salmon
- Spicy Mayo Salmon
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
- How to Prepare Salmon Easily
- Salmon with Pasta
Salmon with Blueberry Compote
Savory Blueberry Compote
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium pear peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or Swerve for sugar free
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 salmon filets
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in medium pan. Add shallots, pear and blueberries until cooked through about one minute.
- Add white vinegar, sweetener, cinnamon, dash salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, continue to cook for about 6-8 minutes, and mash to make a compote consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 C).
- Dry salmon with paper towels. Take out of fridge 30 minutes in advance if you have the time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a small amount of oil to a pre-heated frying pan.
- Add salmon steaks skin side down, and cook on medium for 4-5 minutes. Salmon should easily release to turn over.
- Place pan in oven for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with compote.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo