Salads for dinner in August is fitting, as it’s our hottest month and many getting ready for the start of school.
These salads for dinner are substantial enough, yet easy enough to pull together. You can make various substitutions as needed. For example switch out chicken for salmon on the Greek Salad and shrimp for crab on the Crab Louis. I included Asian Slaw and you can add grilled chicken or grilled shrimp for an outstanding salad. I also included my summer wedge salad which can be a meal in and of itself.
Salads for Dinner
- Summer Wedge – Corn, Bacon, Tomato with homemade blue cheese dressing.
- Asian Slaw – A medley of veggies with a great ginger dressing. Add grilled shrimp.
- Taco Salad – With the best taco salad dressing.
- Spinach Salad with Grilled Peaches – Add grilled chicken breast or rotisserie chicken. Fall in love with a peach vinaigrette.
- Shrimp Avocado Tomato Salad – This can be put together fast, but feels like slow food.
- Kale Greek Salad with Salmon – Add Lemon Dressing, Olives, Feta.
- Salad Nicoise – with Seared Tuna, Shallot Vinaigrette. Feel free to replace this with canned tuna.
- Crab Louis – With the best remoulade dressing. Feel free to replace crab which is pricey with steamed shrimp.
- Big Mac Salad – It’s all in the right sauce.