Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad is one of my favorites and today I chose to make it with an incredible piece of seared tuna.
Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad will never go out of style, even though it’s an old classic, originally prepared in Nice, France.
Seared Tuna Nicoise, usually includes, tomatoes, anchovies, black olive, capers and lemon juice. It was often made with canned tuna, but I love this seared tuna version. It can be seared in a frying pan or on a grill.
I skipped the anchovies, but I adore anchovies with seared tuna and in this recipe, where I served a seared tuna over pasta dressed with a spicy anchovy sauce. Feel free to throw the anchovies in.
Look at this gorgeous piece of yellow tail tuna, wild caught.
When is the last time you used Bibb Lettuce for a salad? It’s not in bags. It’s easy to wash and dry. There is very little waste and it’s not only sweet; it plates so well.
These tomatoes are grown nearby. Soon the ones in my garden will be just as red, ripe and ready.
The green beans were steamed in one of those special pots that only requires one inch of water and a lid. Townecraft is sold in a party plan and I inherited my aunt’s set she purchased back in the 1960’s. No lie. They are still perfect. Beans were done in 10 minutes. I immediately drain and throw into an ice bath to maintain the bright green color.
This is a healthy, high protein paleo inspired salad or just want some really good food.
Seared Tuna Nicoise Salad
- tuna steak enough for as many people you are serving
- bib lettuce
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 1 cup boiled small potatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 handful cooked green beans
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 10 oil cured olives or nicoise olives
- anchovies optional
- 2 tablespoons shallots finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Brush tuna with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 10 inch frying pan on medium low heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When oil is hot, add Ahi Tuna and sear one minute on each side. Set aside.
- Wash lettuce arrange on place with sliced tomatoes, egg, potatoes, olives, green beans.
- Arrange tuna on salad. Add capers. Drizzle with vinagrette.
- Mix mustard with vinegar. Add honey and add in rest of ingredients.
- Season salad with salt and pepper
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo