Pasta with Salmon Recipe, Mediterranean Style (with Low Carb Pasta)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pasta with Salmon Recipe, with Cauliflower, Kalamata Olives and Cherry Tomatoes
It’s been way too long since Spinach Tiger posted a pasta recipe, and I’ve come back with one that is so scrumptious, we made it two nights in a row.
My pasta with salmon recipe hits all the notes if you like Mediterranean flavors (and who doesn’t) and there’s the added benefit of cauliflower.
I used salmon, which because of it’s high fat content and texture, works so well with pasta. The last time I made a pasta dish this good was when I made this hazelnut crusted tuna with homemade pasta. The secret ingredient in this dish is the anchovies, which melted into olive oil. Do not let that scare you. The anchovies add an umami boost but you don’t know they’re there. You may not know this, but there are anchovies in Worcestershire sauce.
This pasta with salmon recipe is such a stunning and scrumptious dish. and yet only takes about twenty minutes to make.
A few months ago we were in San Francisco and I bought some Papparadelle’s Pasta. I discovered this pasta years ago at a Denver farmer’s market. They make over 50 varieties including a low carb and gluten free. We chose several to bring back for friends (like sweet potato orzo) and picked up a few low-carb pastas that I was surprised to like.
In this pasta with pasta with salmon recipe, I chose the four-peppercorn fettuccini and it’s only 7 carbs per 2 ounces (dried). There is no other low-carb pasta on the market that I know of that I can eat with such gusto. It’s very high protein and you do have to cook it for about 14 minutes. You can order at their website.
The Process for Pasta with Salmon Recipe
I baked the salmon in the oven, for about 7 minutes, but you can also pan fry. I melted the anchovies in olive oil, added garlic, thinly sliced cauliflower and more olive oil as I needed it. Once the pasta was cooked, I added it to this frying pan with some cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives. I had an after thought that some crumbled feta on top would be amazing, so I’ll include that as an option to the recipe.
Play Around: Try Scallops
On another night I repeated this recipe with seared scallops.
- Bring scallops to room temperature.
- Remove that little muscle found on the side.
- Dry with paper towels. Use Medium to medium high heat.
- Place some coconut oil or avocado oil in the pan.
- Get the oil hot. Add scallops. Do NOT turn over until they turn easily. If using an all clad pan, only use medium heat.
You could also make this with other fish, or seafood, such as shrimp and lobster or any mix.
You may also like these dishes from Spinach Tiger
More Pasta Recipes from Spinach Tiger
More Salmon Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Pasta with Salmon, Olives, Cauliflower in Twenty Minutes
- 1/2 pound salmon
- 4 ounces pasta see notes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- 4 anchovies optional
- 2 cups cauliflower sliced thinly in small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 -8 kalamata olives
- 6 grape tomatoes cut in half or sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat two tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil in pan to medium high heat.
- Melt 4 anchovies in hot oil. You will not taste these, but they add a layer of flavor.
- Add cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until cauliflower is mostly golden brown. Drain Set aside.
- Put salmon in oven at 400 degrees for ten minutes or until done, but not overdone.
- In meantime, cook pasta according to directions.
- Make sure to heavily salt the water once pasta boils and then add pasta.
- Drain pasta, but reserve a little bit of the pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add in garlic and shallot until softened.
- Add cauliflower back. Add in cooked pasta and a little bit of pasta water, just enough to make sure pasta is not dry.
- Cut salmon into pieces and add to pasta.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- Add olives, tomatoes.
- Add in more olive oil if necessary.
- Top with fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo