When I was a child I didn’t eat any of these three ingredients. But, my palate is all grown up and I love garlic Brussels sprouts and parmesan cheese as long as the cheese is the real thing, freshly grated.
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmigiano Reggiano
Parmigiano Reggiano is what I’m referring to. It’s the stinky hard cow’s milk cheese that denotes “Italian” flavor because it’s imported from Italy and known as the king of cheese. If cow’s milk is not a good option, then freshly grated, Pecorino Romano, a hard sheep’s cheese, which is a bit saltier, is a good choice.
This is another one of those simple recipes that must be orchestrated properly, and in the end tastes a bit like a salty candy as the Brussels sprouts caramelize with flavors of roasted garlic and parmesan cheese.
If it’s your first time trying to roast Brussels sprouts, that must mean you’re just getting to know this dark horse of a vegetable, and you’re in for a treat. Only recently trendy in the last decade, it’s hard to find a restaurant where Brussels Sprouts are not on the menu and that’s a good thing.
This is a food trend we won’t tire of easily, as proven by the many many Brussels Sprouts recipes here, including a few shaved Brussels Sprouts salads.
Tell me, what’s your favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts?
You may love this post, how to cook brussels sprouts 10 different ways, which highlights all my brussels sprouts recipes.
Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Parmesan
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 to 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- dash paprika
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- Wash, trim Brussels sprouts. Cut them in half.
- Toss with garlic, olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper,.
- Roast in shallow baking pan at 400 degrees.
- Add the parmigiano reggiano at 10 minutes.
- Roast another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper as needed.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo