Today one of my favorite bloggers came for lunch. Scarlett of Family Focus Blog is not a food blogger, but I am, and other bloggers expect good food when they visit. So I simply took a recipe from one of my other favorite bloggers who recently posted a recipe for Beets Roasted Salmon that grabbed my attention.
Thank you Greg of Sippity Sup for instilling new life into my salmon eating with this recipe on his blog.
I eat a lot of salmon. I eat a lot of beets. I have never put them together, but this works in a really cool way, and it’s one of those very easy recipes that tastes like it’s a lot of effort.
I improvised the recipe a little here, a little there, but stayed close to its bones. I’ve made it twice to rave reviews and
Spinach Tiger is no stranger to beets. Just search and find quite a few amazing recipes, many in this post featuring 25 red beet recipes.
In today’s recipe, I used soy sauce, orange zest, freshly grated ginger, and garlic. It all came together to make what could be an ordinary salmon lunch or dinner into something that makes you want to open a bottle of wine, perhaps a nice Pinot Noir.
So tell me do you actually cook the recipes from the many food blogs you visit or are you a spectator?
Ginger Roasted Salmon with Roasted Beets
- 2 pounds wild salmon cut into fillets 4-6 fillets
- 4 small red beets peeled, cut in half
- juice of small orange divided
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger chopped finely
- zest of half orange
- 1 large garlic cloves minced
- few basil leaves
- Roast beets for 40 minutes. Peel, and quarter, add olive oil, enough to glisten, a half of the juiec of the orange, sea salt, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Mix together, soy sauce, olive oil, zest, orange juice, garlic, basil leaves
- Marinate salmon in this sauce at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 450.
- Place salmon skin side up in roasting pan. Add in beets. Add all marinade.
- Roast about 6 -10 minutes. (My salmon took six minutes).
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
More Salmon Recipes from Spinach Tiger