Grain Free Keto Cinnamon Biscuits, with a crunchy cinnamon butter topping, are gluten free, sugar free and low carb. You will LOVE these biscuits.
I work out several mornings a week in classes (dance and weight training). My mind wonders and runs free to think about recipes. This idea took fire right in the middle of the dance floor and I couldn’t wait to get home to see if it would work.
I’m still amazed of the baking paradigm shift that almond flour provides.
Made with a combination of alternative flours (almond flour, coconut flour, golden flax meal) and egg whites, the texture is just right with a crispy outside and a fluffy crumb in center. My customers love these. My students in the baking classes love these.
I added a cinnamon butter mixture and on my first try, these came better than my expectations. Unlike my cheddar biscuits, these are flatter, like a pastry and deliciously crunchier.
Ingredients for Grain Free Keto Cinnamon Biscuits
- Egg Whites
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Golden Flax Meal
- Baking Powder
- Swerve (or your choice powdered erythrtol)
The easy part is assembling the dry ingredients.
The egg whites will need to be whipped for quite a few minutes. You can take the time to separate 8 to 10 eggs, but I use boxed egg whites. These are a great time saver. Plus, you will end up with a lot of egg yolks you need to do something with.
While the egg whites are in the kitchen aid, I assemble my dry ingredients and make a cinnamon topping.
You will end up with something that looks more like a batter than a dough. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop 12 rounds of biscuit on prepared sheet pan. This is going to look like it’s not going to work. Just use a teaspoon and add the cinnamon butter to the top of the biscuit and bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the bottom part of the oven at 425 degrees F. 220 C.
You have a choice for a glaze. It’s not really necessary, and since Swerve confectioner’s is pricey, you can opt out.
How to Freeze Grain Free Keto Cinnamon Biscuits
Put grain free cinnamon biscuits into Freezer bags,(they can touch) and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost in Fridge or on counter. If you want right away, microwave, but be careful you only do so for about 10 seconds or you will make the biscuit too tough.
More Grain Free Biscuit Recipes from Spinach Tiger
I sell my biscuits in my keto bakery, so I can tell you these are great recipes, tried and tested.
- Grain Free Biscuits (Plain)
- Grain Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Grain Free Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Grain Free Biscuit Stuffing
Grain Free Cinnamon Biscuits, Low Carb, Keto, Gluten Free
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated Swerve
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or water
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- Cut butter into pea sized pieces, place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Measure all dry ingredients. Mix together well. Once butter is frozen, mix with dry ingredients, place in freezer.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy and stiff enough to spoon. While egg whites are in mixer, assemble dry ingredients and make cinnamon butter.
- Add dry Ingredients to egg whites. Use a wooden spoon and keep stirring until all egg whites are incorporated.
- Batter is very wet. Use an Ice cream scoop to put on prepared baking sheet, separated.
- This makes exactly 12 biscuits. The biscuits will increase in size.
- Bake on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Place In bottom third of the oven, so the underneath browns. CHECK AT 10 MINUTES, and every minute after. You want golden brown.
- Add butter, cinnamon and cream together. You CAN skip the cream If you want to.
- Mix together. Add more cream or water If too thick or more confectioner's If too thin. Drizzle.
- Allow to cool slighlty before attempting to eat. A cookie spatula works great to remove them, as it is extra thin.
- You can place in freezer (they can touch) In freezer bags up to three months.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo