I like to share my kitchen expeditions with you in an honest fashion, because it’s not really my goal to get baking admiration. My real goal is to coach you to success in your own kitchen in the pursuit of happiness.
I have never met a person that is not happy eating Oreo cookies. Buttercream Frosting stuffed between two dark chocolate, snappy cookies was someone’s genius, and now you can enjoy them without guilt with this keto oreo cookie sandwich recipe.
I whipped up these Keto Oreos (a copy cat grain free, sugar version) and I struck the right recipe. I have a keto cookie base for my bakery, but I knew I needed to make some changes to get that crispy, thin snap that would stand up to the buttercream and not get soggy. I eliminated coconut flour and one of the eggs. It worked.
This doesn’t happen all the time! I want you to know that I take many chances in the kitchen, prepared for failure, prepared mentally that I may need to rework a recipe. This is why I encourage you to take chances with your food. It’s YOUR kitchen and if you promise yourself that you will learn something from each success, from each failure you will learn to be a good baker.
I have a keto home bakery and sell cookies. I have a good idea what makes a cookie, soft, and chewy, but I wanted a crispy cookie here. I eliminated and egg and the coconut flour from my cookie base and with a few tips and tricks, I got exactly what I was looking for in creating this keto oreo cookie sandwich recipe.
Keto Oreo Cookie Sandwich Recipe Tips
- Mix the dough well so that no almond flour peeks through. Your dough will continue to darken as you mix.
- Each cookie side should weigh 6 grams.
- Each cookie should be no more than 1.5 inches across.
- Roll out cookie dough, cut one cookie, weigh it and you’ll know you have the right thickness of the dough,
- Cut each cookie, leaving them in the sheet pan and freeze. Once frozen for about an hour, you’ll be able to take out each cookie without issue.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees F. 160 C.
You can get all the ingredients on Amazon. My links as an affiliate earn a small commission.
Ingredients for Keto Oreo Cookie Sandwich Recipe
- almond flour
- baking soda
- xanthan gum (keeps cookies from crumbling)
- Swerve granulated
- Swerve Confectioner’s
- Better Body Cacao (or any unsweetened cocoa powder)
Freezing Keto Oreo Cookies
You can freeze the cookies, once filled and you won’t lose the snap. It only takes a few minutes to have them rest from the freezer. It’s my perfect snack.
Peanut Butter Filled Cookie Sandwich Variation
You can try different variations for your filling. This is peanut butter (recipe below). I just added peanut butter to my buttercream until I got the flavor desired.
More Keto Cookie Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Keto Oreo Cookie Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix melted butter (cooled) with egg.
- Mix dough well. Divide in two Rap in plastic Refrigerate for an hour.
- Take out one of the dough balls. Roll out on parchment approximately 9 x 13, Use a 1.5 inch cookie cutter. Cut ONE cookie side out and weigh. It should weigh 6 grams. More than that will be too thick for the snap. Once you can assess that you have rolled the dough thin enough, continue to make cut-outs but leave them. Don't take out of the mold. You will need to place in freezer for about 15 minutes, so you can then easily remove each cookie.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment or silpat. You will probably bake 12 at a time. They don't spread much but leave about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 325 degrees F., 160 C. for ten minutes.
- Remove cookies to rack to cool. Cool completely before filling. They will be soft, but will harden once cooled. Once, cooled, cookies will be easy to move and to fill. They should have a snap to them.
- Beat butter fluffy. Add In cream cheese.
- Add confectioner's sweetener until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla
Use a small round piping tip to fill cookies.
Peanut Butter Filling
- Make the buttercream above and add just enough peanut butter for your own taste. Mix until peanut butter Is completely incorporated. Add only 1 tablespoon at a time. You can choose to make half and half. Fill your vanilla first and then fill the next set of cookies with peanut butter.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission, but these recommendations are the kitchen items I own and use. (check out keto baking block). I only recommend what is most helpful.