I wrote this so long ago that I needed to come back and share this plum tart again. The nice thing about a good recipe like a summer plum tart that is juicy, sweet and seasonal is the the season return and we never grow tired of it.
How to Pick Plums for a Plum Tart
Unless you want to use massive amounts of sugar, pick ripe plums. Smell your plum. It should smell sweet and be a bit pliable to the touch. If you can’t find ripe plums, put unripe plums in a brown paper bag, a trick I also use for avocados. Just make sure to check daily.
I hope you enjoy the rest of summer and every chance you get to enjoy stone fruits. You may also like this plum brandy ice cream.
Did you know that prunes are just dried plums. Dried plums are fabulous in oatmeal cookies .
This Hunger Games Lamb Stew with Dried Plums is very popular and so delicious.
Plum Tart and Closing Arguments
- 1 pound of plums sliced keeping skins on
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar if your plums are sweet you may need only 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons unsalted cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- Add baked plums to pastry crust Cover entirely with foil and then rip the foil in the middle so that the plums are exposed but not the crust.
- Bake for ten more minutes. Serve warm or room temperature with vanilla whipped cream or ice cream.
Pastry Pie Crust
- Butter a tart pan that has a removable bottom.
- Pulse flour, sugar, salt in food processor for a few seconds. Add butter.
- Mix for about 30 seconds to one minute (it will look like coarse oatmeal).
- Add egg yolk. Pulse for 20 seconds. Dump onto counter. Bring together, making sure all ingredients are incorporated. Press into tart pan. Freeze uncovered. Once frozen, wrap in foil.
- To Bake: Bake at 375. Butter shiny side of foil. Place that side onto pastry. Bake frozen for 25 minutes. No need for pie weights.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo