Keto Pumpkin Cookies (Gluten Free, Paleo)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am so happy with this keto pumpkin cookie recipe. I honestly didn’t think it was possible to get the soft pumpkin cookie I was looking for with alternative flours, and I got it on the first try.
I love the chocolate chip pecan cookies we sell in the bakery and love even more my white chocolate raspberry macadamia nut cookies.
However, it’s November and there’s nothing as special as a pumpkin cookie with a vanilla glaze.
As far as making this dairy free, I think substituting the butter with something like Earth Balance would work, following up by with a water glaze.
Typically I make cookies with baking soda to keep them from getting like cake. In this recipe, I wanted a cake texture and used baking powder.
What flour do I use for keto pumpkin cookies?
I use a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. Both are grain free.
What sweetener do I use?
I use a homemade keto friendly brown sugar.
If you have spent any time here at Spinach Tiger, you know I’m a Swerve fan. However, I’m not fond of their brown sugar and I use their granulated Swerve to make my own by adding 1 tablespoon of black strap molasses to two cups of granulated Swerve. This recipe only uses 1/2 cup of that for a total of 4 carbs per recipe.
Why do I use xanthan gum?
Xanthan gum helps keep alternative flours together (not fall apart), helping to replace gluten.
Are these pumpkin cookies gluten free?
Yes, there is no gluten in almond flour and coconut flour.
Tips for Keto Pumpkin Cookies
- Beat butter well before adding eggs.
- Weigh almond flour if you can to 140 grams. A food scale is important in keto baking.
- Refrigerate batter for one hour.
- Cool cookies completely before touching.
- Glaze only cooled cookies.
Happy Holiday Season. You might also love these keto pumpkin recipes, paleo, diabetic friendly and gluten free.
If you are local to Nashville, I have a keto bakery (now baking in a commercial kitchen) open for pick up or delivery. We make cupcakes (LaLa cakes), bundt cakes, cookies).
Keto Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour 140 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice Homemade recipe here
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup homemade brown sugar sweetener See notes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Homemade Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Swerve granulated
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or water
- 3 tablespoons water as needed
- Dry Ingredients
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sweetener until fluffy.
- Add eggs, followed by puree, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredient mixture. Mix on low.
- Form into a dough ball. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Form cookies into 12 balls. Gently flatten to two-inch discs.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- COMPLETELY COOL before touching.
- Mix cream and confectioner's sweetener. Add water as needed to get a pouring consistency you desire. Add glaze after cookies completely cool.
- FREEZING: Freeze cookies BEFORE glazing.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
These keto pumpkin cookies look amazing! You always have the best gluten free paleo recipes! Pinning to try soon!