Keto Coconut Mounds Bars and Coconut Cream Fat Bombs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto mounds bars (copycat) also known as keto coconut cream eggs are so easy to make and so delicious.
In case you don’t know this, I have a successful keto home bakery serving the Nashville area.
Made with cream cheese, Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener and coconut, wrapped in your favorite sugar free chocolate, they taste just like the homemade coconut cream eggs I grew up eating at Easter time in Pennsylvania.
You will love these Keto Mounds Bars and can even make them smaller and use this same recipe to make coconut cream fat bombs. The ingredients are simple and you may already have them on hand.
What are the main ingredients of keto mounds bars?
- Cream Cheese
- Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener (or process your favorite keto granulated erythritol to a more powdery texture)
- Coconut Extract
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Dash Salt
- Choc Zero Chocolate Chips or your favorite sugar free chocolate
The first thing you need to do is make sure your cream cheese is softened and mix with Swerve. Add coconut extract, coconut and dash of salt. Taste to see if you like the sweetness and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Once nice and cold, shape into eggs and freeze for a minimum of one hour.
How to Melt Chocolate Chips
Melt chocolate in a bain-marie (a double boiler made by placing a stainless steel bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure water doesn’t touch the bowl). Add two thirds of chips to bowl and stir until melted. Add remaining one third of the chocolate chips. and continue until all is melted. Do not boil the chocolate. Cook on low. I add in about a tablespoon of cocoa butter, but you don’t have to do that if you use patience and heat slow and low.
What Sugar Free Chocolate Chips to use for Keto Mounds Bars?
You can use your favorite sugar-free chocolate chips. I love the Choz Zero brand and I an in an affiliate program (earning a commission) with them by choice, as this is the only chocolate I use in my bakery.
Save 10% with Choc Zero using code: SpinachTiger10.
I am not recommending microwaving the chocolate. You cannot be assured of the proper heating temperature and you don’t want to burn your chocolate. You will need the bowl for dipping and you will be able to control your chocolate.
My chocolate was glossy and had that perfect snap.
Keto Almond Joy
You can add an almond to the top of your coconut mixture before freezing to make an almond joy. I would, however, stick with the darker chocolate, which will melt better.
Do you need a mold?
No. You can just hand form these delicious keto mounds bars. You can also make them into much smaller balls if you want to have fat bombs on hand. If you want them to be all the same size, weigh them. Mine are about 25 grams each before they are dipped into chocolate.
You might, however, want to order this chocolate dipping set. I find it much easier to use something like this for dipping the chocolate.
12 Servings 3 Net Carbs. 128 Calories
24 Servings 1 Net Carb 64 Calories.
More Keto Sweets from Spinach Tiger
Keto Mounds Coconut Cream Eggs
Coconut Cream Filling
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces sugar free Choc Zero Dark chocolate chips or chocolate chips of choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped or grated cacao butter optional, see notes
Coconut Cream Filling
- Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add sifted sweetener, remaining ingredients.
- Form into 12 egg-shaped bars or 24 rounds for fat bombs
- Place on parchment paper or silpat and freeze for one hour minimum.
- Melt 2/3 of the chocolate chips and cacao butter in bain marie (double boiler). Place a stainless steel bowl over pot of simmering water (not touching) and melt on medium low, stirring frequently. Once melted, add remaining 1/3 chocolate chips, continue melting. Turn heat off.
Make Coconut Bars
- Arrange a tray with parchment paper. Dip frozen cream cheese bars into chocolate. Place on tray and refrigerate. These will be ready to eat in about 15 minutes. Keep refrigerated.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo