I have been dreaming of making a keto ding dong cake for a few years now. I love the rich chocolate cake with whipped cream and rich ganache. It’s such a great flavor/texture combination and is so decadent.
I am relying on my fantastic chocolate cake recipe that I use in my keto bakery! There is no keto chocolate cake better, as this has been tested and retested many times to assure that perfect texture and chocolatey taste.
Friends, this is THE cake you have to learn to make if you want to convince people that keto desserts are just as good if not better than regular desserts.
What’s a ding dong cake?
It’s a chocolate cake filled with stabilized whipped cream and covered with chocolate ganache. It’s the perfect bite of moist, rich cake, cream, and chocolate ganache.
What is stabilized whipped cream?
Stabilized whipped cream is whipped cream that maintains its body. Layered between chocolate cake, it will have enough heft to hold the top layer without disintegrating. It’s made with a tiny bit of cream cheese and powdered sugar (Swerve), which gives it the structure it needs. I have a whole post on that here.
You can feel confident keeping this in the refrigerator for three days without the cream collapsing.
What is Ganache?
Ganache is a blend of melted chocolate and heavy cream (and in this case with butter). It’s very easy to make with a good dark chocolate. However, many of the sugar free chocolates don’t have enough good flavor or fat to make it work and get grainy. Then I discovered Choc Zero, the best sugar free chocolate on the market.
When you order Choc Zero, use code SPINACHTIGER to save 10% and use THIS LINK.
I am an affiliate and earn a small commission, but you also get to save 10%.
Double Layer Keto Chocolate Cake
I love my keto chocolate cake recipe and so do all my bakery customers. It’s so moist and chocolatey. I use the same chocolate cake recipe I use for my Keto German Chocolate Cake. This recipe is much loved here at Spinach Tiger and my customers love it.
All you need to do is take my three recipes and put them together.
If you want to take this cake a step further and top it with some raspberries or strawberries, feel free.
Make Keto Ding Dong Cake
Make sure your layers are even. I weigh the batter in each layer prior to baking.
Bake on bake at 350 degrees F. not convection if you oven can change modes. If not reduce the temperature to 325 F. Chocolate cake tends to burn, so you might need to cover it with foil after twenty minutes.
Use parchment paper and carefully remove layers.
Put rounded layer on bottom and on top.
Cool completely before putting stabilized whipped cream in center.
Top with ganache. Keep Refrigerated.
Servings: 12 to 14 slices. 2 Net Carbs per slice.
More Keto Chocolate Recipes from Spinach Tiger
Keto Ding Dong Cake
- 336 grams blanched almond flour 3 1/2 cups
- 45 grams coconut flour 3 tablespoons
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/3 cup Granulated Swerve powdered erythritol
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
Stabilized Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Choc Zero Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare two 9 inch pans with parchment paper and baking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, except for Swerve (powdered erythritol). Set Aside
- Mix together oil and Swerve. Add eggs one at a time. Incorporporate well.
- Add sour cream, mix well.
- Add coffee.
- Add all dry mix and mix just until mixed together.
- Pour evenly into baking pans and bake for 25-30 minutes until center is 210 degrees F.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. for convection oven or 350 on bake mode.
- Check at 25 minutes and if edges seem done, place foil loosely over cakes and continue baking until center is done.
Stabilized Whipped Cream
- Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature. Place in mixing bowl and beat until smooth, adding in Swerve's confection. Once incorporated, add heavy cream and whip until you have whipped cream nearly stiff. It should be at such a consistency that you can pipe it. You can make ahead and place in refrigerator while cake is baking.
- Put all ingredients in bain marie over low heat until chocolate is melted. A bain marie means to place in stainless bowl over simmering water that is placed in a sauce pan. This prevents scorching.
- Cool cakes completely before assembly.
- Even out the layers with serrated knife. Put rounded cake on bottom. Place second layer with rounded layer facing up.
- Pipe the whipped cream over the first layer. Top with second layer.
- If ganache has gotten too solid you can reheat. You want it in a pourable form.
- Pour over the cake. Allow to set. Do not touch, once poured.
- Keep in refrigerator. Ganache will thicken like a soft fudge. ENJOY!
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo