How to Make Gluten Free Blackberry Cobbler
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How’s your summer going? It’s hot as hot here in Nashville. When I get up in the morning, my windows are dripping with condensation from the humidity and one would think I’d have to be a little crazy to turn my oven on to 425 degrees to make lemon ginger gluten free shortcake biscuits.
Actually, it’s quite a sane choice when faced with a big bowl of blackberries that we picked ourselves from a friend’s farm. If you’re in the Nashville area, drive south to Arrington Vineyards. Drive right past them a few miles and buy some of the best tomatoes and corn (and more) in the area from Burns Produce. Follow them on facebook to see up close or read about them here.
Usually I make blackberry cobbler in little jars or in cast iron pans with pie crust. Today I’m featuring short cake biscuit blackberry cobbler and it’s gluten free. The flavors of ginger and lemon pair perfectly with the blackberries. Just be aware that blackberries are one of the most tart berries but their unique flavor still makes them one of my favorite summer fruits.
I hope you love blackberry cobbler as much as I do. See below for all the different ways I’ve made cobbler so far.
Let’s connect on instagram, where I post lots of food pictures that never make it here. I also have a gluten free Pinterest Board and a Spinach Tiger Pinterest Board.
Gluten Free Blackberry Cobbler
- shortcake lemon ginger biscuit dough here
- 3 cups blackberries can mix in blueberries and other berries
- 1/3 sugar maybe more, you have to taste
- juice of half a lemon or a lemon syrup
- 1 tablespoons instant tapioca
- Milk for brushing on top of biscuits
- raw sugar for sprinkling on biscuits
- Mix blackberries with all ingredients except biscuit dough. Set aside.
- Make biscuit dough.
- Put blackberries mixture into a small baking pan or cast iron pan.
- Roll out biscuit dough or pat down. Cut biscuits. Place on top.
- Brush with milk. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake until golden brown about 25-35 minutes.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo
This sounds like the perfect summer treat for my coming birthday! I love berries!