I’m taking a moment to revisit my Keto Texas Sheet Cake and turn them into individual mini-cakes or cupcakes. These are the lala cakes (my version of the cupcake) that have sold the most in my keto bakery.
I had this crazy idea to make the classic Texas sheet cake into mini cakes for the bakery over three years ago by using small tart liners instead of traditional cupcake liners so that each bite of cake had the delicious chocolatey pecan topping.
Typically Texas sheet cake is made as a sheet cake as the name suggests. However, selling Keto Texas sheet cakes cupcakes what was I was looking for.
These are the perfect solution to make cakes that can be frozen and enjoyed later.
This homemade keto chocolate cake mix is delicious. You can take the dry ingredients and place in a ziplock bag and consider them like a box cake, which can make a layer cake, a bundt cake or cupcakes. You will then add the adds, oil, vanilla when you go to make them. I use these liners (200 per package).
Texas Sheet Cake Topping
I love making this topping, which takes about five minutes on top of the stove. It is then poured over the cakes.
- Cold Butter
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Heavy Cream
- Coconut (optional)
It’s important to start with cold butter, as softened butter will separate too quickly and that will be hard to save. Bring all ingredients so soft boil, then take off stove, add vanilla and stir in pecans. Immediately spoon over each cake. You will be able to get 12 cakes that are small tart size and probably even more smallish-medium cupcakes. Optionally, you might want to stir in some unsweetened coconut for added texture. These are best eaten at room temperature.
Keto Cupcake Recipes
These are not a low-calorie cake, but at 9 carbs, 6 fiber, they are only 3 net carbs.
Keto Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes
Chocolate Cake From Scratch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut optional
Chocolate Cake from Scratch
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees, 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients, except Swerve, together including sifted cocoa. Set aside.
- Mix oil and Swerve together.
- Add eggs one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix milk and sour cream together. Add to egg mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to these wet ingredients.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the center is 210. F. You will get 12-14 cupcakes.
- Once out of oven, make topping and pour over warm cake.
- Do not make the glaze topping until the cakes are out of the oven as it will harden.
Chocolate Glaze Topping
- Combine the cocoa, cream, Swerve and butter for the frosting together in a saucepan. Do not put butter in first. Do not melt butter before adding other ingredients or it will separate. Continue stirring.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla.
- Add two tablespoons of milk if needed. Stir in pecans.
- Spoon over each cupcake.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo