This keto donut glazed muffin recipe might be my favorite in my bakery. It tastes like a donut! It goes amazingly well with any kind of fruit. It works for breakfast and it works for dinner dessert!
Donuts are all the rage everywhere I turn, but are not exactly what I want to eat on a keto diet. This is not a donut recipe, but one of the most popular Lala cakes in my bakery, because it does indeed remind one of a sour cream donut.
Ingredients for keto glazed donut muffin
This recipe is for a keto glazed donut muffin is made with almond flour, coconut flour, swerve (powdered erythritol), sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract. I use avocado oil as my fat of choice and just a little bit of almond milk. (You can sub with heavy cream if you want to).
I also like to add an optional dash of nutmeg for extra special flavor.
When I bring this muffin to a party, everyone loves it, and they are not on the keto diet.
This muffin is gluten free, paleo, keto, and diabetic friendly.
Vanilla Glaze for Keto Glazed Donut Muffin Recipe
The glaze is made with Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener, butter, and a little more vanilla extract.
The vanilla recipe for the cake part is so good that I have two customers in my bakery that order them plain every week. I have another set of customers that always includes this vanilla glaze muffin in their order, taking precedent over the vanilla buttercream cake. There’s just something about it that makes a special food memory.
Make Keto Donut Muffins Dairy Free
I use sour cream and almond milk, but a reader told me that using coconut cream instead works wonderfully in my muffins. I would use 3/4 cup to 1 cup. As far as topping these muffins, instead of butter you could sprinkle with Swerve Confection’s Sweetener.
Swerve: My Favorite Keto Sweetener
I use Swerve, a powdered erythritol, which comes in both the granulated form used in the muffin and the confectioner’s form used for the glaze.
Read HERE What is Swerve and why I use it for keto baking.
Why are my Cupcake Liners Different?
I use these liners in my keto bakery. They are so great when frosting because you can space out the frosting with each bite. You can use regular liners or order these, but they do come in packs of 200. You will still need to spray the liners with a baking spray. These are perfect for a dessert served with fruit, easy to cut in half, easy to share.
I like to finish these glazed donut muffins with a sprinkling of confectioner’s sweetener using this wand.
Variations for this keto Glazed Donut Muffin Recipe
Turn this muffin into a cupcake.
Calories: 204 Fat: 20 g Net Carbs: 1 (Carbs: 2, Fiber: 1) Protein: 5
Pin this ↓
Click here to get to my Amazon curated Keto Bakery Items.
Click here for my favorite kitchen tools (that I really use).
More Keto Muffins from Spinach Tiger
Keto Glazed Donut Muffin
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour 260 grams
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons sour cream 60 grams
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Swerve Granulated
Maple Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioner's Sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sweetener for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 180 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients including sweetener. Set aside.
- Mix eggs well, about five minutes.
- Stream in oil.
- Add sour cream and almond milk and then add to mixture.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gently mix in the dry mixture.
- Spray muffin liners with a gluten free baking spray.
- Use ice cream scoop to scoop evenly into 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Prepare Vanilla glaze and spoon over the top.
- Heat Confectioner's Swerve Sweetener, stirring until all in incorporated. Immediately spoon on muffins. Glaze starts to harden right away. If you see it crystalize, heat it back up and spoon over muffins quickly. Allow to dry completely before sprinkling confectioner's sweetener.
- Garnish with Confectioner's Sweetener if desired.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo