This is right in time for the holidays. It’s gluten free, grain free, sugar free and I doubt you will find a better recipe. I use a whole orange, fresh cranberries and a mix of almond and coconut flour. These keto cranberry orange muffins sells well in my keto bakery during the holidays.
The sweet orange batter against the tart of the cranberries is a great bite and makes you think of Christmas.
What combination of flours are low carb?
The batter is made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. The xanthan gum prevents the gluten free cranberry orange muffins from crumbling.
What Sweetener will Make this Recipe Sugar Free?
I use Swerve Granulated and Confectioner sweetener. You can use the sweetener of your choice. Always do a taste test by microwaving a tablespoon of butter before baking so you can make adjustments.
Ingredients for Low Carb Gluten Free Orange Cranberry Muffins
Orange Glaze for Keto Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener
- Tablespoon of Juice of Orange
You can also make cranberry orange bread, but I will bring you the recipe in a separate post.
More Related Recipes from Spinach TIger
- Keto Orange Bundt Cake
- Keto Raspberry Muffins
- Keto Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Keto Orange Dutch Baby
Low Carb Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Muffin Liners
- Vitamix Blender (Or super blender)
- Baking Sheet
Preparation for Bundt Pan
- 1 large navel orange
Wet Ingredient Group
- Spray liners with baking spray. This batter may make more than 12 depending on the liners you are using.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Keep on bake, not convection bake if oven has that mode to keep from browning, but it's fine to use a convection oven too.
- Wash Navel orange and trim off the bottom, if necessary.
- Cut into quarters. Put in cold water. Bring to boil for 30 minutes. Drain. Reserve 1/4 cup water.
- Add to Vitamix or super blender. Pulse until you have a texture of course puree, with a little bit of zest showing. You may need to add a little of the reserved water in bottom of blender. Set aside to cool. This can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. It can also be made ahead and frozen.
- Reserve a tablespoon of orange mixture for the glaze.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, Swerve granulated. Set aside.
- Beat eggs for five minutes. I use my whipping wand.
- Slowly stream in oil.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add orange mixture to batter.
- Add dry mixture beating on low.
- Use an Ice cream scoop to scoop batter onto each liner.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes depending on what liner you use.
- Mix orange juice, water with Swerve Confectioner's for sugar free (or confectioner's of your choice, until you get a consistency you can drizzle. Drizzle over each muffin or on cranberry orange bread.
Please follow me on instagram. If you make this recipe, please tag me #spinachtiger.
If you love this recipe, please give it five stars. It means a lot. xoxo